Recommend some bluetooth headphones to use with a TomTom Rider (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hello

This is a plea on behalf of Les, my other half.

His current headphones which he uses with the motorbike are faulty and he needs to replace them - the problem is that there appears to be hundreds to choose from :confused:

Can anyone recommend a pair please that are reasonably priced?

Cheers

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
The May edition of Ride magazine did a test of headsets. the attached photo shows their conclusions.

Ian

image.jpeg

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
The cheapest one on test, an Oxford, was £99 and it didn't get great feedback. See attached.

I'd be interested to hear about the £15 Asda one.

Ian
image.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Hello

This is a plea on behalf of Les, my other half.

His current headphones which he uses with the motorbike are faulty and he needs to replace them - the problem is that there appears to be hundreds to choose from :confused:

Can anyone recommend a pair please that are reasonably priced?

Cheers
My TomTom Rider will only talk to the supplied CARDO receiver........Which clips into its own helmet fitted base unit which supplies the microphone and headset.

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
My TomTom Rider will only talk to the supplied CARDO receiver........Which clips into its own helmet fitted base unit which supplies the microphone and headset.
Ahhhh....when you say 'only talk' is that exactly what you mean Toots...his has the cardo receiver and it's about 7/8 years old?

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I had one of the first generation Tom Tom Riders and I was able to pair that with a Scala Rider. I do recall experiencing some frustration in trying to get it to pair though.

Ian

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Just a quick update.....Les emailed Aldi customer services last night to ask if they would be having another motorbike event (the last one was in March & they had a headset). He got reply more or less straight away that one of the stores near us still had some stock.....

He had to go the Chesterfield today anyway so went in on the off chance & they had one left......

The best bit is that it was half price now £20 and has all the same functions as the cardo that it replaced:)

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back