LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We were not intending to go away but the weather is so good decided to book a site and go of Thursday not so easy though everywhere we want to go is booked up, can't believe it. Carol.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
well carol lincoln isnt booked up but the main saturday show is mind there are the other two halls
We havent booked just paying on the gate

maggie

by the way if your looking through the internet at sites try ringing the ones you are interested in instead rather than the web booking. I know there are at least 2 spaces at chirk this weekend, but it has been reported on another forum that sites are showing full when they are not and when folk have rung they have been told we have space.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
We were not intending to go away but the weather is so good decided to book a site and go of Thursday not so easy though everywhere we want to go is booked up, can't believe it. Carol.

Hi, Carol, problem is if they are c/c sites, people block book then don't turn up and as they don't have to pay any deposit they don't bother to cancel- a crazy way of doing things. Have you not tried small cl/cs sites? they usually have spaces because they don't have as many facilites- just depends what you require.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Carol

As Dave says if you're trying CC sites they will be booked but do as I do and phone the site you're interested in you'll be amazed how many times you can get in if you actually speak to someone.

I booked in for 8 days yesterday for this Friday even though no space according to the website. Two weeks a go I phoned a private site in Devon and was told no spaces for the weekend fully booked, I phoned the same site 1 hour later and got straight in:Eeek: crazy I know but persistence pays off.:thumb:
Good Luck

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, Carol, problem is if they are c/c sites, people block book then don't turn up and as they don't have to pay any deposit they don't bother to cancel- a crazy way of doing things. Have you not tried small cl/cs sites? they usually have spaces because they don't have as many facilites- just depends what you require.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

I agree with dave.

caravan club has the worst booking system known to man.
block book 30 or 40 sites at different times of year.....you then have the pick of sites at any time and if you dont show it still doesnt cost you.

a booking deposit system was bandied around for a while but they decided it would take too much admin so didnt implement it.:Doh::Angry:

try booking a cc site on the first day of bookings for the year......you wont even get through on the phone.:Eeek:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?

It's the typical case of people block booking.....:Angry:

Worse this year because,apparently, more are choosing to stay in the UK.You'll be amazed how many "no-shows" there are where the pitch is booked months in advance...

Last edited:
W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
sites booked up

Hey carol..if you are prepared to travel up north we have a farm yard you can park in.free,with a view of fields,town 5 miles eitherway.lovely cycle road,if you don't mind tractors...we will be at work.but water tap is available..no electric though..you can park it behind our m'home'you won't be in the way..it's a working farm, though not ours.Angela:thumb:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Hi, persistance is the key for sure. We've had it before, I give up but wife persists and has always found us somewhere and never far from where we intended.

As others said also, don't rely on internet, we wanted a C&CC site we like last weekend and the web said booked but a phone call had us sorted:thumb:

May 22, 2008
Funster No
Try a camping and caravan club rally if your a member, no booking required, water tap and somewhere to empty your toilet, what else can a person ask for ??:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Try a camping and caravan club rally if your a member, no booking required, water tap and somewhere to empty your toilet, what else can a person ask for ??:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

How about Angelina Joli dropping by to give you a good night kiss ?

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks to everyone for all the idea's, yes I had tried Delemere Forest CCC and Thurstaton Country Park on the Wirral, CC.
Our area is Chester/N.Wales boarder about 40 mile radius of there we were thinking anyhow had a open mind and a poke around on the Internet and for something different came up with a offer at Prestaven Sands (Haven group) with the swimming pools and all the entertainment not what we usually go for but thought it will be a change.
Best part got 6 nights with a electric hook up with full use of all facilities for £41.50p for 6 nights inclusive so thought it worth a try. once again thanks for all your suggestions. Carol.::bigsmile:

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months
I know what she means though we tried about 10 sites in the north west and could not get in for this week but we got in at the caravan club in Kendal for the weekend, we both work Friday and will be going Friday pm so did not really want to travel to far from Bolton, I do find it frustrating when the cc sites are so fully booked, they should charge at time of booking it would stop this!:Angry:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I think if the cc do not change the booking policy they are going to lose a lot of members next year not much point in being a member if you cant ever get on a site or clhardhat

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks to everyone for all the idea's, yes I had tried Delemere Forest CCC and Thurstaton Country Park on the Wirral, CC.
Our area is Chester/N.Wales boarder about 40 mile radius of there we were thinking anyhow had a open mind and a poke around on the Internet and for something different came up with a offer at Prestaven Sands (Haven group) with the swimming pools and all the entertainment not what we usually go for but thought it will be a change.
Best part got 6 nights with a electric hook up with full use of all facilities for £41.50p for 6 nights inclusive so thought it worth a try. once again thanks for all your suggestions. Carol.::bigsmile:

hi Carol,

how the hell did you get that rate on a Haven site ?
less than £7 per night with hookup.
you sure you dont mean £41.50 per night ? :winky:

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
hi Carol,

how the hell did you get that rate on a Haven site ?
less than £7 per night with hookup.
you sure you dont mean £41.50 per night ? :winky:

Hi pappajohn (love that name) no definitely £41.50p for the 6 nights with electric from Sunday through to next Saturday. I found a great web site UKMotorhomes.net and was poking about on there and found it, the offer was £56 for 7 nights but that was full so they gave a phone number for Motorhome booking Tel. 0871 230 1930 so I rang up that and was offered the 6 nights paid for it and got Ref No..
They also had good offers for Haven in other parts of the country. Carol.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back