If we join Sky what do we need extra in our van (1 Viewer)

FM02MZO

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
30 years caravan, 2 year motorhome
At present we are Virgin customers at home but their prices seem to go through the roof now days.
We have an 85cm Oyster Vision III Auto Skew dish on the roof and an Avtex L185DRS television, which has a card slot.
So far to date, we have just watched Freestat TV when available, but as we spend over three months across the channel each year, we are paying Virgin for three months when the house is empty.

We are now thinking of joining Sky, that way we could watch the programs we want any time, what we really want to know, is do we have to buy a 2nd Sky box etc. ?

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
So do we so we can get the Sports channels and watch the recorded stuff on dull evenings.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
I have the same set up oyster and avtex tv I pay £10 a month for multi room and keep the extra box in the van

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Buy a box, of a similar type, off of FleaBay and put your home card in it. Then use Broken Link Removed to pair the card to the box. When you get home, then just pair the card back to your home box. This all saves any monthly cost and having to faff around with boxes. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
If you sign up as new customers to Sky and you want to be able to do this then you will need to avoid the new Sky Q package.

This uses a different type of LNB so won't work with a standard one as you will have on the dish on your van.

The engineer also tells me the viewing card is different and won't work in a standard box but I haven't had a chance to put our old box in the van to try that yet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back