Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I have a Three Data SIM, in a Huawei Mifi, that I want to setup before leaving for Europe.

The Three web site says:
  1. Go to the homepage then click on Connection settings.
    • If you have a Huawei device, open up a new internet browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar, then press enter.
  2. Enter the password: admin
  3. Enable the Data Roaming option.
While I appear to have Internet access, in the UK, for other web sites, follow the above and no page loads for me to change any settings. Do I need to enable Data Roaming for it work abroad?

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Go on to the Three web site, register the sim and you will receive a password by text, log in to the MyThree page and check that International roaming is enabled.

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I receive a text in a MIFI? I have tried the SIM in my old phone and it is not data enabled and newer phone takes a small size SIM

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
This is interesting as i purchased a MIFI and a 3 data sim (12G - 12 month thing) only last week, it arrived the wk end and i didnt do any of the above, i put sim card into MIFI and turned it on, once it had gone through the search process i just selected it to be on 4G - connected the tablet to it via wifi and put the security code in the tablet which paired it to the MIFI - job done - still surfing without any problems.... I never went onto the 3 website to register anything

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Are you using this in the UK or abroad?

Mine connects to the Mifi and gives me Internet access, but I am still in the UK. What I cannot do is connect through a Browser using address 119.168.1.1 or pick up my password from Three to ensure that Roaming is enabled

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
In this country, the 3 sim should work straight out of the packet and if you use the Huawei App then you can fiddle around with the sim and the MiFi loads, including renaming, changing password and turning roaming on and off. :D

Last edited:

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Only UK at the moment, but there is an option in the settings to select roaming etc - i am as new to this as you so maybe i have no idea what i am talking about :LOL::LOL::LOL: which according to Mrs KK sounds about right most of the time :LOL::LOL::LOL:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
if you download the Huawei Link phone app it has a page on network settings to switch on roaming

edit.. posted before I saw Mikes post

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Thank you for the pointer to the Huawei Link app, loaded onto Ipad and all sorted

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I simply inserted the SIM card into the Huawei and turned it on in the uk. Enabled the roaming and wifi. The passcode for devices is on the front page above the usage. It worked perfectly over about 9 days in France. I did not have to register it with anyone anywhere anyhow.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Having roaming set on the mifi does not guarantee that Three have International use enabled. Although the default is set to enabled this may not be the case with your sim for various reasons. All you are doing by 'registering' on MyThree is enabling you to check the status and remaining data allowance. The registration does not require input of personal data - well, not the last time I activated a sim in March.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Just registered mine to check if data roaming was in fact turned on.. and it was.

no personal details.. just a confirmation email address req.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have a Three Data SIM, in a Huawei Mifi, that I want to setup before leaving for Europe.

The Three web site says:
  1. Go to the homepage then click on Connection settings.
    • If you have a Huawei device, open up a new internet browser and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar, then press enter.
  2. Enter the password: admin
  3. Enable the Data Roaming option.
While I appear to have Internet access, in the UK, for other web sites, follow the above and no page loads for me to change any settings. Do I need to enable Data Roaming for it work abroad?
You need to connect to the mifi first. If you already have WiFi at home your device will be connected to that. So you need to turn on the mifi first then in WiFi setting connect to it. It will need a password which may be written inside the cover or displayed on the lcd screen, if it has one.

The 192.168 thing will then work. However, I suggest downloading the Huawei app first as it makes things easier and you won't need to use 192 etc.

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
I've been looking at getting one of these 12 Month SIMs online but there seems to be some confusion as to whether you get 12GB that you can use over the whole 12 months (so you could use 2GB some months) or if it's 12 x 1GB per month. The comments on amazon seem to suggest the latter and I can't see anything on the 3 website that clarifies this. Does anyone know?

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
I used up over 1.25 Gb in about 9 days so I suspect you simply use it until it is gone. I have been so happy with mine I have bought a second 12GB sim Just in case and will kick start it before I return to France on 8 July.
:cheers:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've been looking at getting one of these 12 Month SIMs online but there seems to be some confusion as to whether you get 12GB that you can use over the whole 12 months (so you could use 2GB some months) or if it's 12 x 1GB per month. The comments on amazon seem to suggest the latter and I can't see anything on the 3 website that clarifies this. Does anyone know?
My understanding is it is 12Gb to use how you like over twelve months. I bought one for this trip and we have used about 9Gb in four weeks, so it certainly isn't 1Gb a month.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Are you using this in the UK or abroad?

Mine connects to the Mifi and gives me Internet access, but I am still in the UK. What I cannot do is connect through a Browser using address 119.168.1.1 or pick up my password from Three to ensure that Roaming is enabled
192.168.1.1 some could be 192.168.8.1

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
@Theonlysue I could have sorted it for her,but she has neglected me and took a different route,right passed me I think lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back