Newbie sort of! (1 Viewer)

Jun 7, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Ci Carioca
Exp
Hi all,

I bought my Ci Carioca 635 motorhome (2004) 3 years ago and my first 3 months were great before I parked her up for the winter.

Then, not one but two frozen shoulders meant that for almost two years I have had this huge ornament sitting outside my door doing absolutely nothing as i couldn't move my arms without the most incredible pain imaginable.

However, almost 2 years on, and finally feeling a bit more able to drive, I have noticed a few issues which I hope people more knowledgeable than me can help with.

A draining leisure battery, I think because the freezer compartment in the fridge is staying on. I've now taken the fuse out. I've also noticed lots of jaggy speckles on the inside of the ceiling. I'm hoping it's not damp. All the ouside trims have water ingress and is peeling off. The boiler doesn't want to light either. On a positive note, it sailed through it's MOT with no advisories. Oh the irony.

It's all just a bit overwhelming. I'm looking for any recommended fitters in the Falkirk or surrounding area.

Sorry for the whining and hello to all.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us.
Good to hear that your health is now improving. Sorry to hear of your 'van problems. Would this guy be able to help?
Broken Link Removed

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
The boiler doesn't want to light either.
HEllo and welcome :)

Just a thought if your boiler isnt working., Have you taken the boiler cover off from outside? Hope you get your issues fixed.

OP
OP
D
Jun 7, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Ci Carioca
Exp
HEllo and welcome :)

Just a thought if your boiler isnt working., Have you taken the boiler cover off from outside? Hope you get your issues fixed.

Hi irnbru and thanks for your comment. Yes I did thanks.

I did have to replace a missing roof flue cover and have no idea how long it had been missing so, it is a possibility that some rain got in while it was off. When I tried it yesterday the blower was working and I could hear it sparking but it wouldn't light.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thank you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Silly question but have you turned the gas on, or is there some left in it. I would have thought with the hot weather we have been having any rain would be dried out from the flue, or how about a knob thats not being turned. Sorry I know im coming up with girly thinking but sometimes it can be something so obvious especially if you havent used it for a few years.

You just missed a rally at the Falkirk Wheel a few weeks ago.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello and welcome to the Fun
upload_2016-6-8_8-53-27.png

Then, not one but two frozen shoulders meant that for almost two years I have had this huge ornament sitting outside my door doing absolutely nothing as i couldn't move my arms without the most incredible pain imaginable.
A few years ago I had 2 frozen shoulders of the adhesive capsulitis variety (which it sounds as though yours were, with your description of the pain), one straight after the other - so I really do understand why your moho has been sitting around waiting for you to feel better. They say adhesive capsulitis doesn't come back! - I live in hope...
Being a totally non-practical person I'm afraid I can't help with your moho problems, but there are plenty on here who can. And will :)
But I can wish you the best of fun with it for the future (y)

OP
OP
D
Jun 7, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Ci Carioca
Exp
Hello and welcome to the Fun View attachment 109921

A few years ago I had 2 frozen shoulders of the adhesive capsulitis variety (which it sounds as though yours were, with your description of the pain), one straight after the other - so I really do understand why your moho has been sitting around waiting for you to feel better. They say adhesive capsulitis doesn't come back! - I live in hope...
Being a totally non-practical person I'm afraid I can't help with your moho problems, but there are plenty on here who can. And will :)
But I can wish you the best of fun with it for the future (y)

Thanks CWH, I've had an operation on one shoulder so far. It was for a subacromial decompression and there were complications apparently. Still waiting for a consultation for my right side.

In my life I've had a broken back and broken ribs but can honestly say nothing compares to the 24/7 pain of a frozen shoulder. It's a pounding pain that keeps time with your heart beat, it affects the whole arm and even the chest area and is truly awful. Incredibly debilitating but hopefully I'm on the mend now.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Thanks CWH, I've had an operation on one shoulder so far. It was for a subacromial decompression and there were complications apparently. Still waiting for a consultation for my right side.

In my life I've had a broken back and broken ribs but can honestly say nothing compares to the 24/7 pain of a frozen shoulder. It's a pounding pain that keeps time with your heart beat, it affects the whole arm and even the chest area and is truly awful. Incredibly debilitating but hopefully I'm on the mend now.
Ah, a different agony then! Glad to hear you're on the mend & hope the next consultation has a positive outcome for you.
Get using the moho - even if you don't feel able to drive, spend time in it on your driveway (prepare & eat meals, sit & read, watch a bit of TV if that's your thing, sleep in it overnight) and get to know and love it again :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back