Diesel Additives (1 Viewer)

Apr 8, 2015
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
15 years
Have been looking at a product called Metabond on ebay. £35-00 for a small tin. Supposed to reduce wear, increase power and also reduce engine noise. Very tempted but would ask if anyone has used it or has experience of engine oil additives in diesel engines , whatever they say the benefits are there must be a downside, or am I just being overly pessimistic. My engine is less than a year old and has only 4000 on the clock

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Do not bother making them richer. If it was possible it would have been done and everybody would know.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Send me a cheque for £15.99 and all your troubles will be over.
Honest
Cheers, Dave

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Have been looking at a product called Metabond on ebay. £35-00 for a small tin. Supposed to reduce wear, increase power and also reduce engine noise. Very tempted but would ask if anyone has used it or has experience of engine oil additives in diesel engines , whatever they say the benefits are there must be a downside, or am I just being overly pessimistic. My engine is less than a year old and has only 4000 on the clock
Dose your engine have issues with nose smoking or whar
Bill

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Send me a cheque for £15.99 and all your troubles will be over.
Honest
Cheers, Dave

Send me a cheque for £14.99, to my Cook Islands off shore tax free tax haven , and I will send you, thro Transindental Meditation, a picture of the inside of your engine, and a D I Y Brain Surgery Kit (hand mirror and razor blade) absolutely free!!:hi5:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That was a pretty conclusive set of opinions.

They are also backed up by millions of dollars in automotive research by engine and vehicle manufacturers plus also the chemistry behind fuel quality (y)

?

Deleted User
Unsure if this is still safe with multi point injections but a wee half gallon of petrol in a full tank of diesel is ment to keep thinks clean and if smoking 2T oil in the fuel is meant to help.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992

They are also backed up by millions of dollars in automotive research by engine and vehicle manufacturers plus also the chemistry behind fuel quality (y)
I make mine in the shed at the bottom of the garden......
Cheers, Dave(y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I make mine in the shed at the bottom of the garden......
Cheers, Dave(y)
Watch it! The tree huggers will be after you for grinding up and rendering down all those poor snakes.........

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's

So you think it snake oil to.
Bill

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Unsure if this is still safe with multi point injections but a wee half gallon of petrol in a full tank of diesel is ment to keep thinks clean and if smoking 2T oil in the fuel is meant to help.
I thought you were saying to have a wee in the tank ;)

Must be your silly accent ;)

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
As Dux says the oils/lubricants industry spend millions on research I used to attend at a co.up North called Lubrizol and I know that they would test a fleet of top of the range cars with their products and employed the best of analysts :)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
2 stroke Bill - a myth that dates back to WW2
I have Ben told that a half pint of any oil dose the same so I tried it did notes less noise
But smoked a tiny bit more but I do have the oldest van on the forum I think
Bill

?

Deleted User
Slick 50. You can run dry of oil the advert said :D Was anyone else daft enough to buy it like me? I stuck it in my GS550 and after about an hour the clutch was slipping like mad. Had to buy a new one. Bloody no good for wet clutches that crap. Older cars i would pull the pull the plugs out and stick in some Redex what was meant to keep the top of the piston and crown clean. You got some reek coming out the back when you ran it through. :LOL:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Seriously, Why would an engine, less than a year old, and ran for only 4k need any additive added anywhere? I would have thought changing the oil and filter at 1k & refilling with a good synthetic oil would suffice.

Just askin'

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Modern vehicles using modern lubricants and good quality fuels need no additives whatsoever. My work van and my "new" camper have both don e over 200,000 miles and as far as I can tell from paper trail evidence no additives were ever used in either of them. I can be pretty certain of this as I bought both vehicles as one business owner vans, the work van I actually bought directly off its original owner and that made 195,000 miles on the original clutch too.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back