Any family motorhomers out there ? (1 Viewer)

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just a thought with the so called boom in motorhome being sold this year. thought i would find out ow many we have on this forum. sorry if this post has been up already but i could not find anything previous,
we are a family we love are motorhome i am carl age 43 helen my partner 34 we have two sons damian aged 13 and ethan age 5 we also have bestsy a tea cup jack russell who is a recent addition to the famiily and will be travilling with us from now on in her pink home !!

carl helen and ethan

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
there's lots of us on here including us, Graham 45, Kay who is Younger (i want to live) and Chelsea 11, we have our little doggie too, Sonny the dobie, were stokey's

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
lol i am 47 better half is 50 and we have an 11yr old daughter ok we hiccuped started again other daughter is 27:Eeek: hopefully we shall be all sorted for our first MH,more likely an RV,as we have granchildren to ,i know i am to young :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
Hi carl helen and ethan, :Smile:

I'm Claire (33), Matt is 35 (nearly 36) and our daughters are 7 and 4. We picked up our motorhome just over a year ago but haven't been away as much as we'd hoped. Here's to the next 12 months. :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Carl, Helen and Ethen,

We are Paul 40 Nikki 40 George 13 and Harley 11 and Tara the little big Newfoundland dog.

Notr alot of families about but then again its nice having such experienced friends that we have met (and older poeple make you feel young :winky:)

We get away often and aim for at least two weekends away per month if finances and work permits. The kids hate it, allegedly and say that there mates at school call them gypsies, but I know they love it when they are away. :thumb:

Been alll over the place but specilise in France and the remote parts of Scotland.

Enjoy it,

wow reading back this post looks like it should be on a dating site.:Blush:

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
hi there, we are tommy (33) lisa (38) we have 2 kids, bianca (15) olivia(4) we also have a dog a bichon frise called poppy, only been motorhoming/camping for 2 years and we try and get away most weekends, we have done a fair bit in europe trying to get over about 3 times a year and have been as far as croatia in the m/h:thumb:

camper69

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
North Bucks
Funster No
Exp
There are 5 of us 2 adults and there kids 11, 13 and 15. Cannot get away enough as Kids weekend ativities get in the way, football, netball etc.

Derek

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I spose it depends on how you interprit the question :Smile:
Mo and me have one, my son and his brood have one, my eldest daughter and her brood of 7 bloody million have one, and my youngest daughter has a caravan.
So I reckon we really are a family of motorhomers !

nicklb

Free Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
12 months
Us to Nick 38 and Helene 39, our son is Matthew who is 9 and we are LUVVIN it

Peter S

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Towcester
Funster No
MH
A class Concorde liner 89
Exp
Since 2011
We are relative newbies but really enjoying it - Pete 44, Liz :winky:, Ben 9 and Woodly the dog (Can't remember how old he is):Smile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi we are a family of 3 me Gerry 41 Lorraine 40 and our daughter Sophie 12, in our second year of motorhoming and love it been to 5 different countries and toured the outer hebrides at easter awesome place.
Forgot to mention Toby our 1 year old Jack Russel pest.

Gerry

moblee

Free Member
Apr 26, 2009
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift kontiki
Exp
3 years
Hi Carl, Helen and Ethen,

Six of us motorhome in our family,Phil 47,jan 43,sarah,jenny both 13 (Twins) daniel 11 & charlotte 9.
We love it,but don't get away enough::bigsmile:

W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
There are more of us out here than you think,Ang 42,nursing unit manager,Paul,hubby is 45,a haulier,our daughter is 12,oh yes,and 2 mad labs.we went for a motorhome last feb,would'nt go back 2 a caravan now.only wish we could get weekends away more,but someone has to graft to feed the 1.4 kids here.haha.northumberland.

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Hi. We are a family of three, myself, my wife Emma, and Josh (9).
We get away as much as we can, and have had 10-12 trips away since getting our first MH in March:thumb:

OP
OP
carl65

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks for the great responce, we are away as much as possible looking foward to linkon show this weekend hope to some of you there, not ventured out of the uk yet this is our first year building up helen for the summer next year were i hope to get away for 4 weeks travelling france and italy but back to this year, we have been to fun parks need to get up to scotland soon !!

carl helen ethan

W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
l

Hi all.I am def in wrong job here,everyone seems to be getting away apart from us this year.next time you all go away give me a shout,hubby can stay here and play with his trucks,me and molly(12) will come with you,lol....i'm off to job centre to change my job..pleased to see younger families m'homing...I was starting to think of my husband in white cap and flat soles..ggrrrr.

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
Thanks for the great responce, we are away as much as possible looking foward to linkon show this weekend hope to some of you there, not ventured out of the uk yet this is our first year building up helen for the summer next year were i hope to get away for 4 weeks travelling france and italy but back to this year, we have been to fun parks need to get up to scotland soon !!

carl helen ethan

We'll see you there. :thumb:

Schnauzer

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Hi,

We are a family of three, both 40ish and a daughter of 8. Living in West Sussex and self employed.

Would be great to meet any other family members especially with a daughter same age as ours...

Lorraine

gixermark

Free Member
Sep 8, 2009
Hereford
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
2 years ! Ex "Tugger" of 7 years + !!
Hi Carl Helen and Ethan :thumb:

We are a family of 3. Mark ( me, 42 ) Nicky ( wife, 40 ) Ben ( son, 10 ) + 1X black labby called Poppy, aged 7 !:shout:

Caravanned for about 7 years owning various tourers, last two being new twin axles. New to M/Homing ( June 09 ) but managed lots of trips away due to the flexibility of M/Homing and being able to get everything done on the drive.:Eeek:

Return to the dark side of caravanning ............ Not a chance ............NEVER !!!! :ROFLMAO: ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
carl65

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
W
ould be great to meet any other family members especially with a daughter same age as ours

well we saw and met lots familys this weekend in linkoln show maybe should set up a family meet some time ????

carl helen ethan

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
W

well we saw and met lots familys this weekend in linkoln show maybe should set up a family meet some time ????

carl helen ethan

Nothing wrong with a family meet Carl, In fact previously have thought about it on another forum, However with Motorhome fun, all meets are family meets. :thumb:

The idea is unlike some other forums, no one is excluded. If they want to come in a tent all are welcome.:thumb:

So all you need do is find a family orientated site and then arrange a meet there. Im sure others without kids would still want to come. We are off to Cornwall to a haven site in October half term with all bells and whistles for just £15 pn. Long way from you I know, but check out peran sands with Haven for an idea of a family site. However not my idea in high season, we are only going because its cheap and about to close

Last edited:

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
family motorhomers

HI To you just getting my head round this site so i hope i have not posted this twice on this site .
we are a family 6 if we count our dog me terry 41 my wife nicola just under 40 and my 3 lads 12,13.and my oldest at 20 my dog is called diesel and he is a german shepard we get away as much as we can and we love disney paris and we ski alot

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We would be interested in a family rally.

Jez 43 Sue 42 Hannah 13 Lewis 10
+ Tango the parrot age 1

OP
OP
carl65

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Nothing wrong with a family meet Carl, In fact previously have thought about it on another forum, However with Motorhome fun, all meets are family meets

Sorry haganap, did not mean to upset any one. all i ment was a family orintated site were kids can play and get out and enjoy them selfs, whilst we have a few beers and a chat, i did not mean to exclude any one,
just make people like me untill a few weeks ago feel that rallys are for all and familys with kids can come and enyoy,
i will have a look around for a family site and maybe come up with a meet for all

Carl Helen Ethan

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sounds like a good idea id be up for that depending on area.

Gerry

K

k12pfc

Deleted User
We are Phil Nicola Megan Amy Mona and baby due in May, 50, 34, 8, 4 and 6 months respectively, always camped, only got a Nipper but we survive.

johnatick

Free Member
Sep 1, 2007
Funster No
we,re getting older but!!!!

Just a thought with the so called boom in motorhome being sold this year. thought i would find out ow many we have on this forum. sorry if this post has been up already but i could not find anything previous,
we are a family we love are motorhome i am carl age 43 helen my partner 34 we have two sons damian aged 13 and ethan age 5 we also have bestsy a tea cup jack russell who is a recent addition to the famiily and will be travilling with us from now on in her pink home !!

carl helen and ethan

still enjoy getting out in old kon-tiki when we can hope you enjoy it as much as us. we remember the riots at meadowell used to live in meadowell ourselves 11yrs came up last year to sandhaven hasn,t half changed for the good mind best of luck john:winky:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Sorry haganap, did not mean to upset any one. all i ment was a family orintated site were kids can play and get out and enjoy them selfs, whilst we have a few beers and a chat, i did not mean to exclude any one,
just make people like me untill a few weeks ago feel that rallys are for all and familys with kids can come and enyoy,
i will have a look around for a family site and maybe come up with a meet for all

Carl Helen Ethan

not upset CArl ::bigsmile: just making sure everyone can come. Anyhow, whos going to look after all the kids whilst we go drinking if the retired folk don't come:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back