Pulled from other thread "Elec Step" (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Another little poser for you knowledgeable lot..

Parked up electric steps are out,, start engine or just turn ignition on and close door they go in, open door they go out whether engine is running or not but will not go in if you close the door unless the ignition is on.

Surely you should be able to put them in when parked up and not in use,, The reason I ask, picture yourself in a parking bay and you cannot put the step in and they stick out 2-3 foot lorry or whatever comes in a bit close and takes steps with him,,

Tried to get in touch with previous owner to no avail,, any idea`s.?

Thanks

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Old-Mo

We have a switch down by the door which we can operate to put the steps away when we park up.

The problem with that is that our cats race around the RV sometimes and step on the switch accidentally - so the next time we try to go out of the door we have to check that the steps are down - other wise we have a long drop surprise! :Eeek:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
hi Mo, no problem really, just exit the van, push the button and Bingo. in goes the step, ome back open door, push button and out it comes, :winky:

I think I need ot get you a tour of a few euro vans ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Mo

there should be an on/off step switch somewhere, mine is on a three gang light switch near the door..

Remember American switches are up for on .. sounds like yours is switched off ... when switched on, the step goes up and down when you open and close the door..

hope that made sense

jim

May 22, 2008
Funster No
My electric step is wired thus 1, in or out from entry door, ignition on or off via toggle switch. 2. in only from driving seat ,ignition on or off,via press button. if I start my engine with the step out a loud warning buzzer sounds.I had my step replaced recently and the fitter asked me if I wanted to keep the system as it was or he could wire it so that it went in automatically when the engine was started, I opted to keep it as it was.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Thanks all..

Mine does not seem to have a switch by the door,,, inside or out..

I have even traced the wires from the step motor and "Nuffink" :cry:

It`s a real pain in the butt,,, cos I can see me getting it ripped off. :Sad:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
"SORTED"

Again thanks.. you all gave me little idea`s..

I have just been out and had a good look for the illusive switch,,, and guess what?

Just inside the door is a switch with a little light that shines on the internal steps,, I have had it on in day light with the door open,, but tonight I put it on and went inside and closed the door,,,,, and low and behold a miracle the step went in..​
and when the door is closed the light goes out... :thumb:

Brilliant... Superb... Give yourselves a pat on the back, if you had not said about a switch I would not have delved so deep.. and not found it. :thumb:

Thats a pint you owe me, Thanks again.:winky:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
"SORTED"​

Again thanks.. you all gave me little idea`s..​

I have just been out and had a good look for the illusive switch,,, and guess what?

Just inside the door is a switch with a little light that shines on the internal steps,, I have had it on in day light with the door open,, but tonight I put it on and went inside and closed the door,,,,, and low and behold a miracle the step went in..
and when the door is closed the light goes out... :thumb:

Brilliant... Superb... Give yourselves a pat on the back, if you had not said about a switch I would not have delved so deep.. and not found it. :thumb:

Thats a pint you owe me, Thanks again.:winky:
I wasn't impressed Mo:RollEyes:
it was nearly 14 Mins before you got th right answer:Doh:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi Mo

there should be an on/off step switch somewhere, mine is on a three gang light switch near the door..

Remember American switches are up for on .. sounds like yours is switched off ... when switched on, the step goes up and down when you open and close the door..

hope that made sense

jim

:Cool: Same here on the Newmar. But the Suntor has a switch you keep pressed, one way for in the other for out. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back