Our adventure begins wondering what can we take into the uk ? (1 Viewer)

SUE L

Free Member
May 11, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
HYMER EXSIS i
Exp
2 months
Well almost we set off for the UK on June 18 Will let you know how our trip hoes and where we stay . Just now I wondered , as one doesas a thunderstorm passes our way in France , if there are any restrictions on what you can take into the UK. ?
Mainly thinking of foodstuffs as we hope to pack our fridge freezer with goodies to eat on the way and to share with family and friends up in Cumbria
Thanks in anticipation
Hope not too many of you shared the bad weather and floods here and we're enjoying the English sunshine.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
You couldn't bring me a big lump of Epoisses cheese back with you could you ? :LOL:
Weather has been great here in Cumbria, thunderstorm just brewing now, first rain we've had in 3 weeks, enjoy your trip back oop north !

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
You are unlikely to have any problems with items you have purchased in France. Here is a list of banned items but probably not comprehensive:

4. Banned and restricted goods

There are some goods that you can’t bring into the UK - they’ll be seized by customs.

These include:

• illegal drugs
  • offensive weapons, eg flick knives
  • self-defence sprays, eg pepper spray and CS gas
  • endangered animal and plant species
  • rough diamonds
  • indecent and obscene materials
  • personal imports of meat and dairy products from most non-EU countries
Some goods are restricted - like firearms, explosives and ammunition. You need a special licence to bring them in to the UK.

Some food and plant products are also restricted if they:

• aren’t free from pests and diseases
  • aren’t for your own use
  • weren’t grown in the EU
If you bring goods suspected of infringing intellectual property rights (eg ‘pirate’ copies of movies or music) they may be seized and you could be prosecuted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I dont think customs will be interested in the quantities of food you'll be carrying.
Cigarettes on the other hand.....200 per person

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I dont think customs will be interested in the quantities of food you'll be carrying.

This no longer applies, 2000 fags would not be a problem if they are for your personal use ---- and almost any amount of alcohol.
They are not Duty Free if you have paid the tax in the country of origin.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Anything that's personal to you and for your consumption is fine. Obviously illegal drugs and weapons are out ( as said earlier) but no one will search your motorhome. All the usual food and wine is fine.
Enjoy your trip !

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
That limit is from entering from a NON EU country. We're still in it yet.
It's a personal use thing. 3kgs of rolling tobacco is not a problem except if you did it monthly. Cigarettes likewise. Technically unlimited but if you did get stopped by customs and had say around 2000, it's ok but if you got stopped a month later with similar amounts then it would be. Also if varying brands. That's the giveaway to selling on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back