Jul 30, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years now
Hi all
We have a 2004 hobby 750 and i need to change the two lift up roof lights, just the plastic bit that is secured by four screws from above and the plastic grid that is beneath this.
I have tried our local caravan dealers but they have all said that because it is a hobby I will probably have to go direct to them.
Has anyone any experience of changing these and know where best to get them from?
Thanks

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
glad to hear your sorted, but I would of taken the oportunity to change them for mini heki ones.... a far better design and lets more air and light in

OP
OP
P

Pezza

Free Member
Jul 30, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 years now
glad to hear your sorted, but I would of taken the oportunity to change them for mini heki ones.... a far better design and lets more air and light in

What are mini heki ones, do you have a link?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Link Removed

not the cheapest around, but the first I found

Link Removed

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Reviving this as looking for roof light covers for our 1999 Hobby 750. Doesn't seem to be any that I can find at the correct size . I suspect they were done specially for Hobby but hopefully someone can tell me no !!

Marcle Leisure have tried and failed :-(

Size of aperture is 50cm x 50cm

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Must be some French dealer who can supply Fiamma
Thanks have tried the nearest ones which are in Limoges! Nearly 2 hours north but they stock 40 x40 . Must be more popular but just found this one on the net . Can you tell me please if it is the same as yours?

http://www.mon-camping-car.com/article/4404/-lanterneau-vent-50-crystal-fiamma&recherche=Lanterneau

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks have tried the nearest ones which are in Limoges! Nearly 2 hours north but they stock 40 x40 . Must be more popular but just found this one on the net . Can you tell me please if it is the same as yours?

http://www.mon-camping-car.com/article/4404/-lanterneau-vent-50-crystal-fiamma&recherche=Lanterneau
Yes its the same size, only difference is that it has a clear (crystal) top instead of opaque (white) crystal are more expensive

Not a bad price either, UK price for that one is £120 ! Go for it

Peter

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Yes its the same size, only difference is that it has a clear (crystal) top instead of opaque (white) crystal are more expensive

Not a bad price either, UK price for that one is £120 ! Go for it

Peter
Thank you for the assistance and unusually cheaper here . Is a shame we have to buy the whole thing as really just need the top cover ! So guess they don't do that so will bit the bullet lol

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
dont forget to buy new sealant and quality stainless steel screws before you start the job. I got a phone call from a friend one sunday afternoon. he had removed his old skylight and gone to fit the new one before realising he had no sealant. Thankfully I as usual had some in the shed and the necessary screws as the originals were going rusty

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
The Roof Vent is easily fitted using a sandwich method with screws tightened from inside the vehicle, pulling the inner frame to the outer one and sandwiching the caravan or vehicle between the two parts.

It can also be secured to the roof externally by screwing the outer frame down with stainless screws.

This roof vent does not come with any screws. You should require 3.5mm wood screws of various lengths depending on what thickness of roof you are fitting it to.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Thank you so much for your help to you all :) Might try changing one then decide about the other two !!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back