Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
We have a new set of Lilliepad windblockers, one end and one front panel to fit a 3.5m Omnistor canopy. Have no room to open the canopy and try a fitting until we get on site, which will be in Europe

So please can anyone suggest what we may need? Wondering about some small pegs and possibly bulldog clips to join the corners. Don't think that our panels are wrap around

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
You will need pegs to fix to the ground, I think ours has 6 each side. Could use bulldog clips but I just use clothes pegs if I need to as I carry them anyway but often don't bother as not needed

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We also have a piece of dwelling that we run through the tabs at the bottom to keep it weighted down. That tip came from @Old Soldier and is really good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Instead of using a peg on each rubber strap at the bottom thread a couple (or more) elastic bungee straps end to end through the rubber straps and peg the bungees down between a few of the rubber straps.
Allows a bit more 'give' and less strain on the netting.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
We have a new set of Lilliepad windblockers, one end and one front panel to fit a 3.5m Omnistor canopy. Have no room to open the canopy and try a fitting until we get on site, which will be in Europe

So please can anyone suggest what we may need? Wondering about some small pegs and possibly bulldog clips to join the corners. Don't think that our panels are wrap around

If you Lilpads are new they will be the wrap around corners.

Did you get the strap kit with the v shaped parts that run into the Omistore rail ? Very useful !
Plenty of pegs are needed plus of course a mallet.

Another good idea is a groundsheet. We have a sort of fabric one which is brilliant and inexpensive.

It really is a very easy set up to erect and take down. Once you've done it you will tailor the kit you need and modify to suit how you prefer to put it up.

So easy though so don't worry !

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Please can you give more details about the strap kit? Don't think that we have it, presumably it is an extra. All packed up now under the beds so cannot look to see

What does it look like and what does it do?

TIA

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Sorry I don't know what the actual name of the parts that go into the channel on the Omnistor is called. The kit is supplied by I think Lilipad. We bought our entire set up at a show and were offered them there.

Someone with more knowledge will be along soon !

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Please can you give more details about the strap kit? Don't think that we have it, presumably it is an extra. All packed up now under the beds so cannot look to see

What does it look like and what does it do?

TIA
Here they are....or a variation at least.
The white triangle slips into the groove on the awning front rail.
Prevents damage to the awning fabric caused by a strap thrown over the top.
They prevent the awning lifting in strong winds thus taking strain off the windblockers.

OP
OP
Clickem

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Thank you for clarifying that. I have a tie down kit that clips into the top of the awning support post. I mistakenly thought that the straps held the windblocker nets

Please, how do the windblocker nets attach to the awning front rail?

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Thank you for clarifying that. I have a tie down kit that clips into the top of the awning support post. I mistakenly thought that the straps held the windblocker nets

Please, how do the windblocker nets attach to the awning front rail?
Ours have the tape that runs through the rail on the awning, the same as an awning on a caravan if you're familiar with that.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As above.
Thread the shaped tape through the awning rail groove...it may be on the front face or below.
Also...... Get the correct tiedown straps for your awning....fiamma and omnistore can have different sized grooves.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back