Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Hi all, anyone joined the above club?
Having just acquired our first MH and looking to make our first trip out in it later on this week, we have been looking at some places to go.
Not keen on staying on bigger sites, as prefer the quieter smaller set ups, plus we intend to do some wilding. So, although the CC and C&CC no doubt have benefits, the MCC looks like it caters for the smaller type sites.
Just interested in people's views who have probably joined or used the sites.
What other benefits do they offer, and is it still worth joining the CC and C& CC ?
Many thanks.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Pitchup.com is ok, found a lovely, basic site at West Stow a few weeks ago, on an equine centre, a few miles from the Icklingam Roundabout.

Toilet block still under construction and an adults only site but very peaceful.

Upvote 0

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Like the MCC as most of their rallies you just turn up with no need to book, good for fitting some last minute in between all the planned stuff.

Martin

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
The CC have the most CLs.. the main reason I am a member.. you can still find basic CLs at less than a tenner per night .. I know one that has EHU included for £9

The C&CC also have a lot of small sites CS .. not currently a member..

The MCC .. Not being 'into rallies' have never bothered joining , also .. their CLs. and Night Stops can be used by non members .. .."The Motor Caravanners' Club will always welcome Non-Members to our CL's and NS's"

Upvote 0

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Interesting, having read this thread I decided to check out the MCC. Now I may have this wrong but it seems that there are only 6 MCC sites in the whole of Scotland (which is of course the main 'playground' for SWMBO and me).

Perhaps once again Scotland is under represented with official sites because of the impression that many MHers seem to have that you do not need to pay for overnighting 'north of the border'.

KH

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Mcc. Good for rallies, especially where there is no need to book. Just turn up.
Been with them for about 10 years, their stopovers and cl sites are Very small so you won't get much choice.
They do have some great rally venues that are in good locations.

Upvote 0
Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
We joined for the first time in October at the NEC show. We have been to two rallies and found them to be very useful and friendly.
We joined the Severn group's rally for the Birmingham Xmas market and recently went up to the Northern group rally at Hawes. Both were handily placed locations and everyone was friendly. Don't fear being pushed into doing things you don't want to do, its not like that. I've seen some of the clips on facebook of people pratting about in fancy dress or doing things with balloons Oooh err! and thought I'm not sure about this. But it is very much each to their own thing and enjoying yourself.
I also like not having to book or paying for facilities you don't need. Most rallies are under a tenner with water and waste disposal, which is really all you need.
C&CC also good for CS's, rallies and holiday sites, and as the name suggests caters for caravans and tents as well.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Interesting, having read this thread I decided to check out the MCC. Now I may have this wrong but it seems that there are only 6 MCC sites in the whole of Scotland (which is of course the main 'playground' for SWMBO and me).

Perhaps once again Scotland is under represented with official sites because of the impression that many MHers seem to have that you do not need to pay for overnighting 'north of the border'.

KH
It's actually 7, you missed the one nightstop - but what's one between friends? :)
That is out of a total of 107, so 6.5% of the total are in Scotland.
Given the small number in total, I suppose that isn't too far away from the equivalent population percentages.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Not being 'into rallies' have never bothered joining
There isn't a lot of difference from Fun rallies Jim. Nobody is forced into anything.
I've seen some of the clips on facebook of people pratting about in fancy dress or doing things with balloons Oooh err! and thought I'm not sure about this. But it is very much each to their own thing and enjoying yourself.
We don't do fancy dress and the like so just don't do it (much the same as we don't do noisy marquee evenings because you can't hear yourself think :D) - but we have enjoyed many social evenings along the way.
If I were to have to choose one I would go for the C&CC, purely because of the larger choice of events. We like to be in both the C&CC and the MCC, though, as it gives that extra choice.

Upvote 0

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
We have used mcc haven offer, where it's 5 nights for £25 inc electricity. Makes it a cheap stay.

Upvote 0

Photo4x4

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt with over cab
Exp
Yes, I didn't count the ONE night stop! :)

Anyway I Googled the population statistic and in 2013 the population of Scotland was 8.3% of the UK. The I thought crikey - I must have better things to do! :LOL:

BTW it is the fact that there aren't a lot of people up here that makes it a great place to live.

KH

Reactions: GJH
Upvote 0
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
We joined for the first time in October at the NEC show. We have been to two rallies and found them to be very useful and friendly.
We joined the Severn group's rally for the Birmingham Xmas market and recently went up to the Northern group rally at Hawes. Both were handily placed locations and everyone was friendly. Don't fear being pushed into doing things you don't want to do, its not like that. I've seen some of the clips on facebook of people pratting about in fancy dress or doing things with balloons Oooh err! and thought I'm not sure about this. But it is very much each to their own thing and enjoying yourself.
I also like not having to book or paying for facilities you don't need. Most rallies are under a tenner with water and waste disposal, which is really all you need.
C&CC also good for CS's, rallies and holiday sites, and as the name suggests caters for caravans and tents as well.

Was that at the beginning of May, we were at Hawes then and met a lady on a rally and I was telling her about motorhome fun.

Upvote 0
Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Like the MCC as most of their rallies you just turn up with no need to book, good for fitting some last minute in between all the planned stuff.

Martin
Agree with funflair absolutely. We've been on great rallies up and down the country with the MCC and usually get a lot of info on local places to stopover/wildcamp. Very friendly club:smiley:

Upvote 0

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
seems a bit old fashioned that to join you have to print off a form, fill it in and post it! think i have forgotten how to do such things!

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Never heard anything but good things about them from my friends who are members.

Upvote 0

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
Thank you!

We need to get another one done soon, I am home alone with my daughter at the moment my wife and our new baby boy are due home tomorrow
IMG_8188.jpg

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
seems a bit old fashioned that to join you have to print off a form, fill it in and post it! think i have forgotten how to do such things!

A point that is raised all the time on the Facebook group. Lots of members keep telling them to "get with the times".. Even when you renew it's either sign up long term by direct debit, posting a form or pay by cheque. I gave up asking about it.
Congrats on the new addition :)

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
A point that is raised all the time on the Facebook group. Lots of members keep telling them to "get with the times".. Even when you renew it's either sign up long term by direct debit, posting a form or pay by cheque. I gave up asking about it.
Congrats on the new addition :)
The MCC is run on something of a shoestring compared to the other clubs/organisations, with only a tiny number of paid staff. That keeps the subscription cost down but it also means that the web site development and maintenance is undertaken by volunteer members rather than employees/contractors and there is less money to pay for the software and security required for on-line transaction processing.
I expect most members would rather carry on with the postal method than pay an extra tenner a year :)

Upvote 0

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
The MCC is run on something of a shoestring compared to the other clubs/organisations, with only a tiny number of paid staff. That keeps the subscription cost down but it also means that the web site development and maintenance is undertaken by volunteer members rather than employees/contractors and there is less money to pay for the software and security required for on-line transaction processing.
I expect most members would rather carry on with the postal method than pay an extra tenner a year :)

I suspect though that if they had electronic methods, the membership would increase and a price increase wouldn't be needed, for example I went onto the site last night with the intention of signing up there and then on a spur of the moment thing, I now need to print fill in a form and send it off.... I intend to do it as some point.. I might forget.. something more important might come up and it might never get done... I am sure there are many others like me.

I have signed up and paid to many groups, websites, clubs etc but I doubt I would have signed up to half of them if I had to print things off and fill it in.

Upvote 0

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
We faffed about deciding to join with the print and post till we saw them at Grassmere about 6 years ago so decided to get pen to paper and join. Been there 4 times since joining.
We have used more of their venues than anything else for ' shall we go somewhere this weekend?' discussions. Just turn up in some great locations and never paid more than £12 a night and that's when there is some professional entertainment laid on.
As said above, you join in you you want to but can just use the site and do your own thing without any pressure if preferred.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I suspect though that if they had electronic methods, the membership would increase and a price increase wouldn't be needed, for example I went onto the site last night with the intention of signing up there and then on a spur of the moment thing, I now need to print fill in a form and send it off.... I intend to do it as some point.. I might forget.. something more important might come up and it might never get done... I am sure there are many others like me.

I have signed up and paid to many groups, websites, clubs etc but I doubt I would have signed up to half of them if I had to print things off and fill it in.
I don't know the exact figures, obviously, but I suspect that the costs of acquiring, implementing and maintaining such an on-line system would be higher than the extra memberships generated, not least through having to employ somebody to look after the system. :) From what I remember in discussions in recent months on their forum and in their magazine I think that new memberships are at least keeping pace with lapsed/deceased members.

I'm sure plenty of people sign up to organisations on the spur of the moment on-line where there are no fees involved but I suspect that where there are fees then most will have decided that the one-off process isn't a bind (bearing in mind that ongoing membership is automatic if one signs up to direct debit so nothing need be done until one wishes to leave).

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back