Which Windblocker? (1 Viewer)

Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
I've been looking at windblockers and had more or less decided on the Lillypad Leisure one Then I came across this one http://www.mysunshade.co.uk/page3.html. (The Light Awning Company) which is 2 piece opening at front. where the Lillypad one is in 3 pieces. I can see benefits to both but wondered if anyone had tried the "mysunshade" one. Is this a branch of Lillypad or is it a copy of website colours to confuse me?? (not difficult)

Pat

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
I think that Gemini and Lilypad are one and the same company as they were on the same stand at the NEC in February and I also saw them at the Newbury show in April.

We have the three piece Lilypad awning.

OP
OP
Cinderz
Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
Thank you @RitaG that was the feeling I got I hadn't heard of the Gemini before, do you use it a lot? We're still wondering if we would use it very much or not.
Also thank you @Gromett I've seen the short ones but didn't realise they made tall ones too.
I've looked at Jezport's ones - I couldn't find a weight for them and although I did like them OH felt they would be harder to fold and store if wet and also bulkier to try to dry out (We don't have a garage or garden)
Will hope someone has a Gemini and could give some feedback on it.
Pat

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
http://www.jormaxwindbreaks.co.uk/ is a member on here and he manufactures high quality windbreaks. Not the full height attach to awning ones though I don't think.

We had these when caravanning as an enclosure for the dogs, really sturdy piece of kit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
what size please, we are looking for a set for a 3.5metre canopy

They are for a 250 awning, i have them advertised under classifieds. I think they will be a bit on the small side for yours.

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
Thank you @RitaG that was the feeling I got I hadn't heard of the Gemini before, do you use it a lot? We're still wondering if we would use it very much or not.
Also thank you @Gromett I've seen the short ones but didn't realise they made tall ones too.
I've looked at Jezport's ones - I couldn't find a weight for them and although I did like them OH felt they would be harder to fold and store if wet and also bulkier to try to dry out (We don't have a garage or garden)
Will hope someone has a Gemini and could give some feedback on it.
Pat

Only had the awning a little while, bought it from a member of the Auto-Trail owners club as it didn't fit her van. It is the three piece kit and the front was to big for our awning so as I am handy with a sewing machine I shortened the the front panel to fit.

Although we have only used it twice we are very pleased with it. It really does keep out the draughts, its very easy to put and the bonus is it is very lightweight.

Must admit that I prefer the fabric of the Lilypad version as the Gemini fabric is really glossy.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We have the lily pad ones tailor made for our rv. We only use the end panels as don't want to close ourself in. We use them to block the wind by either fixing them either end or creating a cosy corner. Really easy to fit and remove and work well.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Lillipads for us. Incredibly light very versatile very easy to put up and super light and compact when stored. One of if not the best purchase we have made. Dry in no time if they get wet. Most of the water shakes off.

Suggest the inner liners and the strap down kit both of which are optional , budget £300 for everything you need.

We had ours up in France when a massive rain storm hit.. Expected the area inside the set up to be awash but it was bone dry. I know we should not nor did we rely on them to be waterproof but they performed so well.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
@jezport How easy are they to dry and how small do they fold. I really like that the end panel is movable.

As they are laminated plastic they dry easily and can be stored wet.
They go pretty small, never had a prospective customer turn away when they have seen the size
The end is moveable on our panel.

Oct 28, 2011
west midlands
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
new
Cinderz, we have the Gemini, two piece awning and found it great. We had the three piece one previously, but changed moho, etc and needed bigger size. Just as easy if not easier, and we like the central opening as we have dogs and they can't slip out of the corners to visit the nearest bbq ! We used it at Peterborough, where it was rather wet (!!) and loved it.

Oct 28, 2011
west midlands
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
new
Think it was £200 give or take a bit, ours is on a 4.5m Fiamma. We bought it at the NEC in February, that is the Gemini two piece and think they do show offers. It does save you the p & p at least.

Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
For the 2 ends and a front £197.00
If you need rafter poles to fit it we do high quality aluminum ones for £19.95 each

Do I need the rafter poles to hold the ends on
As per windblockets Or is that a different pole required.

Karl

Dusty

Free Member
Jun 7, 2016
Chichester West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 years
Hi TheBig1, just joined MF a few minutes ago to view your interest in 3.5 metre Lillypad Wind blocker. We have same for sale, bought at Romsey Show last year, only used four times, reason for sale change in motor home with 4 metre awning. As new complete with tie down straps paid £325 will accept £190. Regards Dusty

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Hi TheBig1, just joined MF a few minutes ago to view your interest in 3.5 metre Lillypad Wind blocker. We have same for sale, bought at Romsey Show last year, only used four times, reason for sale change in motor home with 4 metre awning. As new complete with tie down straps paid £325 will accept £190. Regards Dusty

so is it a 3.5 or a 4 mt you are selling?

Dusty

Free Member
Jun 7, 2016
Chichester West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 years
Hi SC 05 OUT, wind blocker for sale to fit 3.5 awning, it is currently advertised on the CC on line classifieds if you want to view photos. Regards, Dusty

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back