15hrs to the off (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Off tomorrow morn to local ferry then 16.00 tunnel, hope the weather over there improves (forecasts states it should) . Gonna play hunt the diesel, in between avoiding aires by the Seine or other rivers in flood mode,(bug*ger was going to La mailleraye or St nicloas de Bliquetuit , right on the banks of the seine).
3 weeks of bliss no tele ,no relatives to monitor no hassle.
hope to find other funsters on our way ( you never know).
Will try to keep in touch wifi permitting.
Bye for now

Cleve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 27, 2015
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer 654
Hi Fidget

I had absolutely no problems with diesel at all last week and thanks to this great forum I had gone armed with a Huawei Mobil wifi and a 12GB 3 SIM card. Absolutely no problems getting on wifi and I was able to update my Helen thread easily. In nearly 9 days I used about a 1.25 GB.

Have a great time. I fly back out on 8 July and am really looking forward to it.

Bon voyage

Clive

:france::france::france:

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Know we've only just got back but soooooo jellyass ::bigsmile: Hope you both have a wonderful time and the sun shines all the time for you :smiley:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Have a sundeck time (I meant to say 'wonderful' but the predictive text gave me sundeck instead - fingers crossed that's what you get!

We are still in Croatia and are staying here until the last possible moment! :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Have a great time:france: we are off to Brittany in July armed with all your info you gave us on Aires and campsites . :sun:!

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Been over her for nearly 2 weeks only seen 1 garage shut totally and 1 where we were restricted to 20€ for a fill, no problems anywhere else apart from the rain. Don't know about a solar panel a water wheel would've more effective.:D Still the food and drink's still as good so a thunder storm is a good excuse to sit in the van and eat and get p****d (if you need an excuse) :D Enjoy yourselves. (y)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Off tomorrow morn to local ferry then 16.00 tunnel,

Know we've only just got back

Do you notice how those ner-do-wells from that tax haven that is the South Island or Pile of Sh
spend, spend spend.

........anyway I hope YOU have a lovely time Ann......xx

Up here on the north Island we have to graft away just so that we can keep paying in the tax bucket so they can take it out in Benefits and Tax relief....... just to fritter away on ferry tickets and diesel, it beggars belief.!

.........anyway, I hope YOU have a wonderful time ............Ann......xx from Griff:wink:

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Do you notice how those ner-do-wells from that tax haven that is the South Island or Pile of Sh
spend, spend spend.

........anyway I hope YOU have a lovely time Ann......xx

Up here on the north Island we have to graft away just so that we can keep paying in the tax bucket so they can take it out in Benefits and Tax relief....... just to fritter away on ferry tickets and diesel, it beggars belief.!

Hee heeeee!! guess who had a win on the premium bonds when we got back from France and at this precise moment in time are planning a return trip in September!!!! woohooo!!! eat your heart out Popeye!!!! :dance2::dance2::dance2::Grin::Grin:

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Off tomorrow morn to local ferry then 16.00 tunnel, hope the weather over there improves (forecasts states it should) . Gonna play hunt the diesel, in between avoiding aires by the Seine or other rivers in flood mode,(bug*ger was going to La mailleraye or St nicloas de Bliquetuit , right on the banks of the seine).
hope to find other funsters on our way ( you never know).
Will try to keep in touch wifi permitting.
Bye for now

Have a great trip
Is Asbo making the voyage as well?
Hope to see plenty of pics
Dave

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
have a great time, weather has got to change, I would even risk La Mailleraye, maybe not the grass side right up to the river though (y)

Most tidal rivers deflood quicker than they flood

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hee heeeee!! guess who had a win on the premium bonds when we got back from France and at this precise moment in time are planning a return trip in September!!!! woohooo!!! eat your heart out Popeye!!!! :dance2::dance2::dance2::Grin::Grin:

I had two wins this month both only £25, but better than nothing..... We're going out on the last day of August, so I'll be waiting on the beaches for you....... with a cake and a Mortar.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Hope you and Ann have a brill. time Terry. Wish we were there now (but without the fuel probs) leave all your worries in the UK.and enjoy the trip.
Jude

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
I had two wins this month both only £25, but better than nothing..... We're going out on the last day of August, so I'll be waiting on the beaches for you....... with a cake and a Mortar.
Oh goodie, not sure about cake but love a good cocktail ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: promise not to gloat about winning slightly more than £25 :pinocchio:

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We went by La Mailleraye, yesterday the river side was cordoned off. Did not stay as no space, should be fine from tomorrow onwards. They were saying the highs would have been last night.

We carried onto Mamers now in St Laurent sur Serve (??), La Rochelle area tomorrow.

Been here since Friday and no signs of fuel problems anywhere (y)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hope you have a wonderful trip Terry and Ann. We are on our way back through France next week so will keep an eye on your journey, just in case a mini gathering get is called for!

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Been here since Friday and fuel everywhere although even at supermarkets price more than it was a month ago. Picked van up from storage in Brittany and spent first night by river just north of Redon - rivers in west not risen! Next night Vendrennes enroute to La Rochelle - good ASCI site and now at Marans - municipal site Camping Le Bois Dinot - fantastic - site run by really helpful friendly woman, in a natural wood, loads of birds, walking distance to brand new SuperU and to canals,good vibes so decided to stay based here while other half goes off sailing. Miles should say kilometres of cycle paths along canals either direction to Marais poitevin or La Rochelle, and easy to drive Smart to beaches Aigullon, La Tranche etc and can do the Iles from here too. Enjoy your trip wherever you end up!

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Enjoy Guys, have a great time. :france::france::france:

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Have a great trip Terry and Ann (y)(y) we have to wait until the middle of August before our ship sails.

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Thanks to all replies, except Mr Grumps alias @Popeye .
first night at Argues aire 3.5 euros really warm night 6 moho 4 brits 1 belgie 1 frog.
Now at Montville lovely aire free beside nice lake,& in middle of town 6 brits 5 frogs 1 belgie.
Moving on down slowly to Rugles free aire + elect.
Weather unbelievably hot & sunny..
Update soon

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Thanks to all replies, except Mr Grumps alias @Popeye .
first night at Argues aire 3.5 euros really warm night 6 moho 4 brits 1 belgie 1 frog.
Now at Montville lovely aire free beside nice lake,& in middle of town 6 brits 5 frogs 1 belgie.
Moving on down slowly to Rugles free aire + elect.
Weather unbelievably hot & sunny..
Update soon

I trust that all this money that the tight-wad is saving is being spent on his child bride.

He's sent me loads of stuff about aire in France but nothing on the FREE ones.:wink:

OP
OP
FIDGET
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi grief, @Popeye
Actually now got wifi,at municipal c/site in Mayenne, 13.65 euros for site + elect.
Weather very hot yesterday stayed previous night at St Nicolas de bliquetuit free aire on banks of seine with nice couple from exmoor moved on to St Denis sur Sarthon free aire no services so picked up free water at Le Sap nice free aire on the way . Weather today cloud but muggy, I 'd like to say wish you were here ,but not sure how you would take it ,you might think I wanted something!!!.
Missing not having instant access to wifi !!!. mifi not been good .Speak again soon moving on 2 moho.
Terry Ann & ASBO

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back