Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Any Geeks out there?

I want to have access to an Access 2007 Database from wherever I am, also allow other users not in the same building.

Can Windows Home Server allow me to do this?

Thoughts?

ShiftZZ

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi gotomypc can, but its a paid for service, we pay around £10 per computer per month, you can access the computer from anywhere in the world, it will work on dial-up but you need broadband for any serious work.
www.gotomypc.com

Olley

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
(snip)I want to have access to an Access 2007 Database from wherever I am, also allow other users not in the same building.
(snip)

I used to have nightmares about that sort of thing when I was responsible for Data Protection & Information Security :Smile:

Not only is Access light on security features, it is designed to maintain single user databases. That means that it is also very light on features to prevent data corruption when used in a networked situation.

If you do go ahead be very careful to ensure that data integrity is not compromised. I would certainly not use it where personal data are involved as it would be too easy to breach the security requirements in the DPA 1998. Much better to use a real network database product.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: I was using and helping to develop PCAnywhere 25 years ago. Reasonable price and you can download a Trial:-

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back