Don't you just love caravaners (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Just got settled at Keats farm Folkestone prior to going to France tomorrow ,the site is only a quarter full so at least 50 pitches available when a car and caravan stops right in front of my van and the couple in it start staring at us then bear in mind we are well into our second bottle of wine they then get out and start pointing at us , we where find this quite amusing this caused the lady caravaner to storm of to the wardens office . The warden came back all sheepish and asked us to move to another pitch as this couple wanted this pitch now I know I should have told him no but he was a nice bloke and we are going early ,so we moved to the next pitch and the couple proceed to amuse us for the next hour with there comical attempts to get their caravan set up which the nice warden then had to come and help them . Would any other of funsters have moved ?

Last edited:

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
No, especially not after having a drink - think I'd have just waved my glass at them and then refilled.
We've just enjoyed Eskdale site and back home today, no caravans allowed !!
Everybody was really friendly and I didn't realise the size of some of these tents you can get these days.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Not a chance, even with the pressure from the Mrs being applied!

Ian
(The Mrs just laughed when I showed her this! I take that as permission to post the response!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I think it's very petty on their part if the site is not full, was there anything particularly special about that pitch?

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
That's what I thought you all might say and no the pitch was not reserved as the very same warden showed me onto the pitch. They have spoken to us or thanked us there's nowt as queer as folk , not a problem or a big thing just thought it was funny (y)

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
No.
If that particular pitch had been booked and paid for in advance the warden wouldn't, or shouldn't, have given you the pitch in the first place.

Edit:
Don't think it's a caravanner thing as such, just strange people who really own the world.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I only moved 7 or 8 metres :)
If you had damaged your MH in the 7/8 metre move and or the Police were called you would have no insurance cover and losted your licence. DIC of a vehicle, simples, I stated "joking aside" I would have said NO sorry.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Nice bloke or not, I would have said No, AND ! Then told the Caravaners the same, No abuse, no pointing, hands in pockets "NO!" invented a tale like "me and the misses spent our honeymoon first night on this pitch" (cue Violins) "an' today is our aniversary" etc etc etc

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Definitely not!

We had a similar situation on the Thurstaston club site on the Wirral ....... was told to pick our own pitch and report back to the office with our choice, which we did.

The site was almost full, when about 9.30pm a motorhome stopped across our pitch and eventually knocked on our door to say it was their pitch ... they had been there the previous night and had gone out for the day without leaving any markers ... Not my fault so I sent them off to wake the warden!

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
We had a similar experience when camping, bloody great field with us and one other couple, another couple turned up and ranted that we were on their pitch the wardens moved our tent because we weren't going to, apparently this couple had the same pitch every year. :censored:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Was it a cc ..? Didn't think you can book a certain pitch ..?

It's an iffy one.... Would want to be nice and accommodating but then would think after, why does someone else get their way and I'm the one inconvenienced :confused::censored:

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We had a similar experience when camping, bloody great field with us and one other couple, another couple turned up and ranted that we were on their pitch the wardens moved our tent because we weren't going to, apparently this couple had the same pitch every year. :censored:

I was just about to ask if they would've expected a caravanner with a full awning to move pitch but if you had to move your tent then I'm guessing the answer was still yes!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back