Big holes, screws loose!! (1 Viewer)

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
If your anything like a lot of us with MH's who are always fiddling and enhancing and making additions you probably come across the problem with screws not tightening into wood anymore! I found this especially a problem when in some panels the wood is fairly thin so the usual solution of using matchsticks or cocktail sticks won't really work.

Anyway yesterday I had a few loose holes so decided to try another method and can report its worked with VERY good results.

It's simply using toilet paper and wood glue. I used 3 sheets of toilet paper and a spoon full of wood glue. The tissue paper dissolves immediately and it leaves a paste. I filled the offending holes, wiped clean and left to set overnight. Just screwed the screws back and it's as strong if not stronger as the wood itself!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Cool! I have found epoxy glue from the pound shop does a great job too and can be used on just about any material both inside and outside.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well apparently I could use this ... I have a few screws loose that need fixing.;)

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Well apparently I could use this ... I have a few screws loose that need fixing.;)
Unfortunately Joy, the chemical in the glue would irritate your sensitive skin. :whistle: Just saying like.........

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Great solution. Add sawdust to hide repair if needed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
A great tip, thanks for posting this as I have this problem in a brand new van. I was thinking about cutting down some small plastic plugs and then gluing them in with epoxy, but this is a far more elegant solution

Edit: sawdust addition also good idea

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back