Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
We bought our new motorhome in March this year, it's a Roller Team 700. We like the layout and what the motorhome itself has to offer, except, we now wish to change the kitchen layout.

It’s a typical continental layout with the 3 burner hob built into the kitchen work surface, with a separate small combined oven and grill directly beneath the hob. We would like to install a new cooker with separate oven and grill and four burners to allow us to have a better variety of meals. We have been to a number of dealers who have all said it’s a bit beyond their capabilities. I think it’s the one piece L-shaped work surface that puts them off.

Can someone please supply us with the details of a company(s) that can carryout this type of work for us please. Any suggestions would also be gratefully received

Many thanks

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
It would be cheaper to change vans to one with the layout you require. you will only devalue your existing van by carrying out such mods. Having said that have a word with "Terry" he is a member on here and may be able to quote you. Good luck.

OP
OP
lazydays

lazydays

Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
Thanks Wildman I have thought that, but we spent two years looking at so many vans and this was the only van that suited our needs with the budget we had.

Could you get Terry to contact me?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
just look up TERRY (thats his user name, in the members directory and send him a PM, easy and no middle man, so no need to charge my 20%, hee hee

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
As your in Surrey and we are in Sussex you are welcome to pop in with the van and we will have a look, no promises mind!

Peter

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: All is clear now Roger :thumb:
Lazydays can you post any pics ? also would need the van brought up to S Yorks, but it would not be much of a problem to do :thumb:
terry
ps my own van (see in left panel under 99 self build ) is a one piece w/top

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
have a measure up of what size you could fit, i use a normall household cooker/oven. it may be just cut out the required area n fit some end panels. cant be too difficult man built it man can alter it. lots of m,homers make the same mistake .at a loss why m,home manufacturers dont fit proper cookers/ovens as standard. cheers alan.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi once we know /see what is required, full sized 3 gas 1 leccy ring cookers are only around 350 ish from a local supplier which is almost as cheap as a house gas cooker :thumb: Once everything is available I am pretty sure it can all be fitted in a day.(it may take longer to get rid of the sawdust :ROFLMAO: )
Bends etc to the w/top are not much problem just so long as it does not have to be a rolled edge w/top :winky:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
round here a house hold 4burner ove /grill is about 175 much better. buythe edging strips even for rolled edge.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
round here a house hold 4burner ove /grill is about 175 much better. buythe edging strips even for rolled edge.
Hi Alan, Around a curved 90 degree bend ? where from ? 90 d sq cnrs and any angle in between I can do but foaming a rolled edge w/top ? In the factory I visited years ago they used thick paper and a couple of million £ machine-- a little out of my price range - :ROFLMAO:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back