2 future newbies fae Scotland (1 Viewer)

ZZRMike

Free Member
Jun 1, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Just waiting for ours .
Exp
Hi all, first off , great site ! Already been a huge help so a massive thanks!
My wife Rona and i are only just starting this next great adventure . Upgrading my touring from Motorbikes to Motorhomes is huge for me , not giving up on my bikes though , hoping to keep a wee bike on the back of our prospective MH for local travel and shopping .
Were on the hunt for our first MH at the moment and have finaly after a very long and educational search settled on a 2005 Knaus sun ti 4 berth on a 2.5 dci Renault Master chassi .
Myself i'm looking forward to not having to wrestle the air bed into the tent after inflating involving the 10 yard dash whilst squeezing the airbed into a gap too small , a sight the wife sadly misses. Normaly these things happen when ive just pitched the tent in a storm after riding the bike for hours with no feeling left in my hands. Needless to say the language is colourful so a more relaxed touring in the MH i hope.
Rona is looking forward to our travels but confesses that the driving and techinical bits will be down to me, I'm still thinking of lists of possible techie stuff i'll be involved with and getting more excited at the thought. I must add that i do not include emptying the toilet as a technical tasking. Anyway , thanks for your time both now and in the future , safe travels all. May your awnings billow in the breeze and your treads remain true. Will deffinately be subscribing to this site.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Welcome!

Please book Rona onto a motorhome handling course (a member on here runs them as do the 2 main clubs - often you can do a taster session at shows if you pre-book). Once she has done a bit she'll wonder what the fuss was about. I prefer to drive ours to the car :)

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
:hiya2: and welcome to FUN - Enjoy your relaxing travels ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
Hi and Welcome
We had a lovely night camped up your way on the beach last year. Beautiful sunrise (y)

OP
OP
ZZRMike

ZZRMike

Free Member
Jun 1, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Just waiting for ours .
Exp
Thanks for the welcome guys. And thanks puddle duck , am sure to get Rona driving as im sure nce she has met enough female drivers i can get them to talk her into it. And to Stagman , cheers , we do get great weather up here thanks to the weather shadow provided by the cairngorms , i love the beaches up here as they are so deserted, clean and go on for mile after mile.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
hoping to keep a wee bike on the back

So many of us have made the transition.

But unless you do your homework you may have to use a trailer. So many MHs to not have the spare load capacity on the rear axle to carry a bike. Some are so poor you can't carry a push bike.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
My wife Rona and I are only just starting this next great adventure. Needless to say the language is colourful so a more relaxed touring in the MH I hope.

Welcome Mike and Rona, one thing I should point out is that nobody especially @ukbill and @Silkcut1105 approve of colourful language, oh no; we are all quite refined as you will no doubt find out at your first debagging meet with us all.

Sniggering at tuggers and tenters wrestling with air beds and awnings is verboten also.
We shall expect to be greeted with tea in a china cup complete with saucer and perhaps a cucumber sandwich with the crusts removed in triangle formation.

I will be visiting Scotland late June early July will the Knaus be ready for 'Funster' approval by then?

:welc:
Sincerely ....... Griff.......New Forest

edit: get yer 15 quid out ya tight-wad, and none of that iffy scottish Wonga either.

OP
OP
ZZRMike

ZZRMike

Free Member
Jun 1, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Just waiting for ours .
Exp
Loving the replies , sorry im not to interweb trained yet , spent far to long inside engines to bother too much, so havent found the like buttons for you guys yet , to answer hill dweller fellow convert from bikes to MH , I am only mounting a suzuki gn 125 at 78 kgs post modification it does eat abit out of the load budget but for getting about localy the savings and convenience out weigh (pardon the pun ) the loss of load as im use to carrying 5 kg of my belongings where as the wife might struggle with the rest, i joke she can fit 50 kg onto my 1200 , its witchcraft , but i always was left with the small pocket on the tank bag all for me . Thanks for the pointer tho , might even have to strip the 125 down some more.
I am a bit of a mad inventor and love nothing more than solving problems, i origionaly wanted a yaught but the wife won out with the MH .
Thanks madeinengland , i loved the pic to as it kinda looks abit like me but without the fly covered face , up here we get midges in fantastic swarms and riding through them on a bike gets messy and itchy!
And now to Popeye , first of all many thanks for your comments , many debbagings are surely headed my way , most from the wife but after years of suffering the weather with me , well when i say suffering what i mean is she is so petite that she hides behind me all nice n cosy n dry , where as me at 6 ft 1 catches everything , rain , hail, snow, rabbit, birds, bees, the usual detritus kicked up from the road, believe me when i say i cant wait for the wife to finaly decide along with me on the same Knaus, so as to its readiness for aproval , i can only guess. Regarding sniggering at others , i hope that in my more mature years i have atleast developed a sharp but humouros tounge to the despair of fellow travellers , especially those who bounce of said tent and end up in a sodden pile at the feet of their loved one as i have done so , so many times .
As for your edit ,lol. Check me out all lolling and that . Am so this week , "NOT" replys the daughter. Once i figure out where to put my bank card in this ipaddy hing ill be a fully paid up funster also . Lol .

OP
OP
ZZRMike

ZZRMike

Free Member
Jun 1, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Just waiting for ours .
Exp
Oops sorry to you guys with all your fancy and muchly appreciated welcomes , i look forward to meeting some if not all of you at rallies and pitches, is it called a pitch with a MH ? Parkses doesn't sound right, yet more lingo to learn . But hey , thanks loads .

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
suzuki gn 125

That was the only bike I ever bough new before this Piaggio, I'm not much of a bike man but that bike looks how I think a bike should look. I could be tempted to look at the 250 version if they still do it.

OP
OP
ZZRMike

ZZRMike

Free Member
Jun 1, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Just waiting for ours .
Exp
That was the only bike I ever bough new before this Piaggio, I'm not much of a bike man but that bike looks how I think a bike should look. I could be tempted to look at the 250 version if they still do it.

I origionaly bought the bike for Rona to learn on as i have the ZZR1200 , but as i cant leave things alone without trying to improve them somehow, and the wife got bored of the thing , i adopted it , tore it apart and cafe racered the poor thing , now it looks straight outa the 60's and half the weight of the origional, so am hoping it will fit on the back of the MH .

OP
OP
ZZRMike

ZZRMike

Free Member
Jun 1, 2016
Lossiemouth
Funster No
MH
Just waiting for ours .
Exp
Thanks to teenage daughter , have now fully paid my membership , thanks daughter. Where would i be on this onweb thingy if it wernt for my kids, no more lols as daughter says its sooo old fashioned , well hush my mouth

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Welcome but I must point out that toilet emptying is definitely Man work, if you don't make yourself useful in this way then us ladies might as well leave you at home.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back