Travelworld, query for information. (1 Viewer)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have just phoned the Hymer 'experts' Travelworld for a bit of information about the location of any prewiring on a Hymer for Cameras and solar panels. I was told that there was but They will not divulge ANY technical information at all about ANY part of the vehicle, as they consider that any work, like that can only be done by them. I am really glad I DID NOT buy it off them now. Lowdhams will be able to find out for me but did not know off the head,if it was so.
Does anybody out there know where the wires are hidden up if it is prewired, as it certainly will not be going elsewhere to be done, I can put in the system but it would just be easier if the wiring was already there, to save running more wires.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Can't help .. sorry..

but you could call Becks in Yarmouth, they are Hymer agents and have their own workshops, so should know..

whether they will divulge is another matter.. but I've always found them very helpful

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
I'm missing something here.You bought a Hymer from Lowdhams but are upset because another Hymer dealer wouldn't give you free support. I could understand if you bought the van from Travelworld, but surely you would go straight to Lowdhams for help. Have I misunderstood the posting?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I'm missing something here.You bought a Hymer from Lowdhams but are upset because another Hymer dealer wouldn't give you free support. I could understand if you bought the van from Travelworld, but surely you would go straight to Lowdhams for help. Have I misunderstood the posting?
Not support, just an answer so that I could order the controller from them. They are closer to me but did not have the van I wanted until next year.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
When we collected our Carthago we were shown as part of the 3 hour handover, where the pre installed cables were for the solar panels
Can't understand why it should be a trade secret

Edit: our are located behind a pull-off panel just above the Tec-tower oven

Last edited by a moderator:
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
You could try e-mailing Hymer, direct. I just can't see how it can be a secret :confused:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
When we collected our Carthago we were shown as part of the 3 hour handover, where the pre installed cables were for the solar panels
Can't understand why it should be a trade secret
Same here, when we picked up our new Pilote. Hayes showed us where everything was and have been extremely helpful since

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not support, just an answer so that I could order the controller from them. They are closer to me but did not have the van I wanted until next year.
Isn't there a wire ing diagram in the manual

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
You can specify pre wire at order IIRC.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Isn't it just a liability issue? They advise, a non qualified DIYer who wades in resulting in who knows what.
Don't know but I'd rather wade in with a modicum of info than without. In my case if I'm going to do a job I'm going to do it with or without their help so OEM information just makes the job easier. TBH I'm utterly peed off with the lack of definitive information about pretty much everything these days. If I ever bought a new MH (I'm not going to!) I'd insist on manuals (not instruction books) for everything or I wouldn't buy. Liability issues are easily overcome with a disclaimer anyway.

Jun 8, 2010
west sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Tents till 1973,caravan till1987m/home since1987
When I bought my van from Travelworld,they showed me where the pre wired connectors are.If you use Waeco camera and monitor,it's just a case of connecting up.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I'd hazard a guess that any wires are pretty much where you'd expect them to be. Is it so difficult to explore?

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
It is OK, I found all the wiring hidden up, but they lost out selling me the equipment I was going to get from them. The proper regulator and the monitor and the camera for the back. The being informed, that it was confidential information, that p*******d me off. Will not be asking them anything again.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
It is OK, I found all the wiring hidden up, but they lost out selling me the equipment I was going to get from them. The proper regulator and the monitor and the camera for the back. The being informed, that it was confidential information, that p*******d me off. Will not be asking them anything again.
Just as well as they wont tell you anything:rofl:

May 23, 2012
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666f
Exp
I think they will be happy about that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back