Is Air Suspension The Answer? (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We've got a 2015 Carthago Chic C-Line, travelling about 20k miles a year

We had Hydraulic levelling fitted after purchase

The ride is good, no body roll, drives in a straight line, but on uneven roads you can certainly feel the bumps.

Was wondering if Air Suspension would help with this?
If so, do I need just the front wheels done, or all four?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I wonder whether your tyre pressures might be too high? I have air suspension on the rear only and have not noticed too many bumps on uneven roads.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I wonder whether your tyre pressures might be too high? I have air suspension on the rear only and have not noticed too many bumps on uneven roads.
Tyre pressures should be fine as we've been weighed and adjusted them accordingly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Talk to glide rite they do air, I am having self levelling done at the moment at their premises

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
The ride is good, no body roll, drives in a straight line, but on uneven roads you can certainly feel the bumps.
You cannot have it both ways, adjust suspension so supple on bumpy roads and you will get body roll on fast smooth bends.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Robert, I have both E&P jacks and VB 4 channel air suspension. It is difficult to comment because I have not driven my van without. However my last RV had active air which is a whole different ball game. It made adjustments to counter roll and we rarely felt any potholes although it could set up a significant porpoising over motorway undulations. The VB air does not swallow any potholes but I have yet to check axle/corner weight andatch to tyre chart, but I am not sure that pressures will make a huge difference. It is very stable in cross winds and passing artics. In an ideal world it would be good to try a similar vehicle with and without as judgements can be subjective.
M

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back