Paris bans all cars made before 1997! (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

And just how many 19 year old cars are there left ?...........

:doh::doh::doh:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009

Hi.
If you have doubts as to how many........ Come to Portugal,the question here is........ How many cars are on the roads that.."Are Under " 19 years old LOL These good 'ol boys up in the hills,mean getting every last "Cents" worth from their cars and m/cycles,the chap , ( whoes wife is the leader of the ladies "Wheel barrow wheeling formation team" in the village,is riding around on a Two stroke,"Fire and smoke belching" motor cycle,that was looted from the Incas when Vasco da Gama was poking about in South America.
Under powered ?....Not at all,if it cannot quite manage the hill up to the village due to being laden down with goods/timber/fertilizer,huge gas bottles etc,he will get off and walk alongside,only as a last resort,will he part unload ,nip home and come back again for the rest. The number on the number plate?............ "You cannot be serious...!" Probably in the barn,with his crash helmet,an ex WW1 Spiked german helmet.....
Tea Bag

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Hi.
If you have doubts as to how many........ Come to Portugal,the question here is........ How many cars are on the roads that.."Are Under " 19 years old LOL These good 'ol boys up in the hills,mean getting every last "Cents" worth from their cars and m/cycles,the chap , ( whoes wife is the leader of the ladies "Wheel barrow wheeling formation team" in the village,is riding around on a Two stroke,"Fire and smoke belching" motor cycle,that was looted from the Incas when Vasco da Gama was poking about in South America.
Under powered ?....Not at all,if it cannot quite manage the hill up to the village due to being laden down with goods/timber/fertilizer,huge gas bottles etc,he will get off and walk alongside,only as a last resort,will he part unload ,nip home and come back again for the rest. The number on the number plate?............ "You cannot be serious...!" Probably in the barn,with his crash helmet,an ex WW1 Spiked german helmet.....
Tea Bag

Same in Spain...... great if you need spares for old vehicles

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010

In France? Probably thousands.
The French aren't a throw away society.
Usually they'll only change their cars when they are totally beyond repair.

Stop at many super markets and you'll probably find several Renault Safranes and Renaults 25's in pristine condition.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Well, looks like I wont be going to Paris in my 1990 Defender any more. Come to think of it, I never have. I wander how far out from Paris that ban will stretch to. Last time there was a max speed limit a few years back it nearly stretched all the way to Belgium to the north and Dordive to the east.

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Used to own a 1986 Morgan 4/4 4 seater which was purchased from me by someone who lived in Paris. Wonder if it is still there and what he will do now.

D

DL42846

Deleted User
In France? Probably thousands.
The French aren't a throw away society.
Usually they'll only change their cars when they are totally beyond repair.

Stop at many super markets and you'll probably find several Renault Safranes and Renaults 25's in pristine condition.

Not in pristine condition. The French drive them till they are full of dents, then change them. Spares for Renaults are very expensive so when they breakdown they are scrapped. On my last Renault Scenic the clock on the dash went. This was about five years ago. Renault wanted €1700 to repair it. The turbo went €3500. And the list goes on.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
My 'big boys toy" is 23 this year.

image.jpeg

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Coz it's a Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious . . . . .. L.O.T.U.S. . . . :reel:

Almost bought a Lotus Europer just after we got married in the 1974, Bright Yellow

Me Lady put the mockers on it,;)

She had the legs, and used to flaunt 'em, Pelmet skirts, she realised getting in and out would be a problem! :LOL::LOL:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Coz it's a Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious . . . . .. L.O.T.U.S. . . . :reel:

It's a 1993 Eunos Roadster built for the JDM by Mazda (Japanese domestic market). 1.8 TOHC, electric everything, a/c, pop up headlights etc.
We got it a few years later as the MX5 with no toys at all, no electric pack, no a/c, noffink.

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011

Lots of Landrovers also nissan taranos

Not forgetting Mercedes... we have an old C class diesel that is nineteen this year and is one of the best cars we've ever owned, used every day for a two mile trip to the station or a two hundred mile trip to the mother's it never misses a beat, is whisper quiet at motorway speeds, does 40+mpg, has passed every MoT for the last five years and has cost a tail-pipe, two oil changes and three bulbs to run.

and just swapped my 19 y.o LR Disco for a "young" (12 y.o) Freelander; disco was a brilliant car ("is" - a friend bought it), looks like new, drives like new

upload_2016-6-3_8-7-29.png

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Now I wouldn't take a car into Paris, let alone my motor home but, some might.

New laws come into force next month to tackle toxic air pollution in capital.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3621331/Paris-bans-cars-1997-bid-reduce-smog.html
Pre sat nav days I used to set a compass course from one side of Paris to the other. It took me and the motorhome right through the center but was by far the quickest and most interesting route. It never failed.;)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back