Anyone been to Church Bay, Anglesey? (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hi all

Has anyone been to Church Bay in Anglesey?
If so, there looks to be two sites - Ty Newydd and Gadlys - the first one looks to be affiliated to the C&CC.
Just wondering what anyone thought of their stay on either of the above sites, is there anywhere local to buy the basics (bread/milk etc) and what's access like for a large motorhome?

Had a look on numerous sites but they're more geared up towards a tent/caravan feedback.

We are basically looking for a site on Anglesey which has direct access/near as, to a decent beach.
Thanks a lot!

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi, have a look at Dafarn Rhos caravan and camping site, right next to beach, we have booked there, looks good to me.
Frankie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi all

Has anyone been to Church Bay in Anglesey?
If so, there looks to be two sites - Ty Newydd and Gadlys - the first one looks to be affiliated to the C&CC.
Just wondering what anyone thought of their stay on either of the above sites, is there anywhere local to buy the basics (bread/milk etc) and what's access like for a large motorhome?

Had a look on numerous sites but they're more geared up towards a tent/caravan feedback.

We are basically looking for a site on Anglesey which has direct access/near as, to a decent beach.
Thanks a lot!

Gadlys is a hotel near Cemaes Bay, unless there is another near Church Bay..Just checked there is..

Church Bay (Porth Swtan), is a great beach, but narrow lanes and the beach has a very steep incline to walk to...There is a cafe Wavecrest and a restaurant Lobster Pot..

Never used the campsites as I have a house some 10 miles away..
Hi, have a look at Dafarn Rhos caravan and camping site, right next to beach, we have booked there, looks good to me.
Frankie
http://www.lligwybeachcampsite.co.uk/

A nice beach, as I say never used the site..Nice walks....if you go north side of the beach you will end up at http://www.anglesey-hidden-gem.com/Traeth-yr-Ora.html

A really nice beach and worth a walk,,

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi we have been there many times, literally 2 minutes the best one iny opinion is Ty newydd, it's right opposite the lobster pot, the beach is really good and you are right on the costal path for walking, Another walk is up at the back of the church the views are beautiful
It's on my to do list again this year.

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
tyddynisaf.co.uk Family owned stunning beach people were wild camping in the beach car park when we were there excellent meals in the pup on site

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
We stayed on a CCC THS at Treardur Bay last year: £10 pn from memory. It was adjacent to a commercial site with showers etc.

"Just for fun" we drove up to Church Bay and I confirm it is narrow in places (I've got a 6m long, 2.82m wide Aclass) but we managed without too much hassle. There was a nice little carpark down near the beach but it is a steep path down to the sea.

There are a couple of Britstops in the vicinity, one with superb sea views.

HTH - Gordon

PS Parking on Holyhead sea front is free with good views and the possibility of a decent wifi connection if you are on FON (eg with BT).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
If u want good beach and just about park on it one word SHELL ISLAND is just round the corner £6pp pn NO E H U . but a LOVLEY place and they have got the lot shop cafe pub and w/c showers but I would not use them . It's close to portmadock .

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
If u want good beach and just about park on it one word SHELL ISLAND is just round the corner £6pp pn NO E H U . but a LOVLEY place and they have got the lot shop cafe pub and w/c showers but I would not use them . It's close to portmadock .

To be fair Shell Island is a little further than just around the corner from Church Bay 66 miles on Welsh Winding roads so a bit of a ride, though I agree both beautiful places which we visit regularly. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back