Anyone heading Harris way in next few weeks? (1 Viewer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
OK, remember him now. (y)

eagle.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
I'm off to Skye later this week to meet up with some pals, wife joining me on Monday. Have a hankering to go from there to Harris (or North Uist), but wife not convinced.
Yet. Just about to get the Gin out. (y)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Look out for us. I gave up my big funster sticker for charity so you should see @andy63 showing it off now. (y)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Look out for us. I gave up my big funster sticker for charity so you should see @andy63 showing it off now. (y)
I gave it up?????
you robbed me of a tenner (for charity I admit ) and tried to convince me that it was worth more as Jim used to own it....
BTW I want that in writing and a signed statement to that fact from Jim. ..
If I get that it might sell for a lot more than a tenner(y):LOL:

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I gave it up?????
you robbed me of a tenner (for charity I admit ) and tried to convince me that it was worth more as Jim used to own it....
BTW I want that in writing and a signed statement to that fact from Jim. ..
If I get that it might sell for a lot more than a tenner(y):LOL:
You forgot to say I GAVE you the smaller version for free. Think yourself lucky I had a spare, other folk paid £1:rofl:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
You forgot to say I GAVE you the smaller version for free. Think yourself lucky I had a spare, other folk paid £1
I still want written confirmation that the goods are sa described..and we're once owned by Jim or ill have to visit trading standards or whoever...
As for giving me the tency wency sticker ...yea you felt guilty for robbing me.:LOL:

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I still want written confirmation that the goods are sa described..and we're once owned by Jim or ill have to visit trading standards or whoever...
As for giving me the tency wency sticker ...yea you felt guilty for robbing me.:LOL:
Id quit now if I were you:rofl::rofl: @Sian can you shut Andy up and tell him how you kindly gave me your sticker:LOL: PS and stick another one in the post for me :blush:

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
We are....and I blame @Ralph-n-Bev photos. Will be another thing ticked of bucket list. :D
We are looking to wild camp for 3 to 4 days then hook up on a site for one night in scotland then wild again for another 3 to 4 help would be much appreciated. nade x

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We might be, we're leaving for Scotland on the 18th and we definitely want to look around Skye, the better half saw some pictures of the fairy pools and it is her birthday on the 29th!, and I was looking at Harris, how long is the ferry trip?

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We are looking to wild camp for 3 to 4 days then hook up on a site for one night in scotland then wild again for another 3 to 4 help would be much appreciated. nade x

That's what we're hoping to do, there is a site with all the wild camping spots marked on a map, I'll try and find it
Dave

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Also one on fb Scottish wildcampers forum...J

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Also one on fb Scottish wildcampers forum...J

Saw that one, it's the first weekend of our stint so there's no chance of getting up ther that quick unless we sprout some wings :)

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
How is the new van @andy63 ?

Hi Helen Martin. .. New van will hopefully get to where I want it eventually.. as I said to you before my little self build had everything in it.. This one has nothing.. Other than the nice roomy interior etc.
I've fitted cameras and got rid of the gas locker in favour of an underslung tank,but there's still so much to do to make it feel like home..and functional for the use I give it... spare wheel, solar, tv/sat dome, extra 12v /240v sockets etc....
Trouble is I need to be at home to get on and it's looking like that's a way off yet... I'm visiting Eddie in Devon to get it alarmed on the 10th but up Glasgow way until then..
Yours must be due soon??????
Hope all is well and hope to catch up soon...
The kayaking has taken a back seat for now..:(
Andy..

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
It must ferl a bit like home sibce you have made me n mum tea in it...Is it a he or a she?

Apr 9, 2015
🇵🇹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
Hi @irnbru
We are setting off to loosely follow the NC500 on 10th June. Sadly Harris isn't on the list this time but I agree @Ralph-n-Bev wowed us with their pictures earlier in the year.
You never know, our paths might cross somewhere on the west coast

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Hi @irnbru
We are setting off to loosely follow the NC500 on 10th June. Sadly Harris isn't on the list this time but I agree @Ralph-n-Bev wowed us with their pictures earlier in the year.
You never know, our paths might cross somewhere on the west coast

What is the NC500, I've seen this mentioned a few times, is it just a route around the coast?

Apr 9, 2015
🇵🇹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
Yes it's a Scottish tourism thingy majig - likening the route around the coast of Scotland to iconic road trips such as America's Route 66.
To be fair, I've travelled around the north of Scotland already and it is jaw droppingly awesome so they haven't really had to work too hard to draw in the visitors.
All it needed was a name

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
What is the NC500, I've seen this mentioned a few times, is it just a route around the coast?
Yep more or less a route suggested by the Scottish tourist people...
Have a Google and you will see sites detailing the route which can be done in either direction..
It seems to have worked as it has encouraged a lot of people to head up and do it,but there are so many great spots if you have the time and are prepared to wander off it and explore...
In a nutshell....West is best for your scenery ,East less spectacular, but castles and distilleries. .
Andy...

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Yes it's a Scottish tourism thingy majig - likening the route around the coast of Scotland to iconic road trips such as America's Route 66.
To be fair, I've travelled around the north of Scotland already and it is jaw droppingly awesome so they haven't really had to work too hard to draw in the visitors.
All it needed was a name

Thanks for the info, we're leaving on the 18th for a 2 week stint and hope to travel that area. We went up as far as Inverness last year on our first trip but hope to venture further up this time

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Yep more or less a route suggested by the Scottish tourist people...
Have a Google and you will see sites detailing the route which can be done in either direction..
It seems to have worked as it has encouraged a lot of people to head up and do it,but there are so many great spots if you have the time and are prepared to wander off it and explore...
In a nutshell....West is best for your scenery ,East less spectacular, but castles and distilleries. .
Andy...

Thanks Andy, appreciate the info, I'll have a look on google (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back