Can we start a weather thread ? (1 Viewer)

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
I am rather hoping that the coming months might be our last winter in this country and I nearly asked what the winters were like in Spain/Portugal/South of France but I can guess what the answers would be :ROFLMAO:

Can we start a thread where all those of you who are heading towards sunnier climes keep us updated on the temps etc where you are through the winter ? ( and yes, I know that wont always apply to next year but it will give me a rough idea and be more descriptive than the weather maps)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I am rather hoping that the coming months might be our last winter in this country and I nearly asked what the winters were like in Spain/Portugal/South of France but I can guess what the answers would be :ROFLMAO:

Can we start a thread where all those of you who are heading towards sunnier climes keep us updated on the temps etc where you are through the winter ? ( and yes, I know that wont always apply to next year but it will give me a rough idea and be more descriptive than the weather maps)

You just started it. For what it's worth. I've never done winters away but I get a good picture off here that on the whole weather is a bit better than here. You need to get down to Agadir to be sure of a wall to wall warm winter. In Europe we keep seeing "lovely and warm in the sun, freezes nuts off at night, our awning was blown off yesterday and was carried out to sea on the river running down main street."

Upvote 0
OP
OP
6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Trots off to google Agadir and find out where it is

<edits> Ah Morocco

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We've spent the last 2 winters on the Costa De La Luz - between Cadiz and Gibraltar.
The weather can be very warm during the day but cold at night - last year was the worst winter in living memory down there - a bit like an English summer really!!! :roflmto:

Good idea to have a weather thread - if I remember to post on it!!!:thumb:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Trots off to google Agadir and find out where it is
<edits> Ah Morocco

A long way and you'll find it full of Brits and Germans so the better camp sites will fill up early and you have to get up at 03:00 to put your towel on the loungers.

I can't get my head round what you do for a few months in a warm alien environment but then I'm just an old workaholic. The pitstop lady will tell you, I guess she just spends the time painting her hair pink. With that much time she may even manage to paint more than 3 hairs.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
6pm Cowboy

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
I can't get my head round what you do for a few months in a warm alien environment but then I'm just an old workaholic.

Same as I will be doing here when I retire.

Washing up.
Making cups of tea.
talking about the bloody weather.
:cry: :Eeek:

Upvote 0

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
I can't get my head round what you do for a few months in a warm alien environment but then I'm just an old workaholic. The pitstop lady will tell you, I guess she just spends the time painting her hair pink. With that much time she may even manage to paint more than 3 hairs.

We're very busy people in the winter - we get up, have breakfast then shortly after we have lunch then it's afternoon tea and then an early tea because it goes dark early then watch some tv and go to bed! Simples!!!:roflmto:

I'm a pensioner I can only afford a little bit of pink hair-dye at a time!!:winky:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We're very busy people in the winter - we get up, have breakfast then shortly after we have lunch then it's afternoon tea and then an early tea because it goes dark early then watch some tv and go to bed! Simples!!!:roflmto:

Many a true word. I have piled on pounds in the MH. It's sooooo easy, not much activity, food and booze always at arms length. And that is for a few weeks.

Cadiz is pretty close to Morocco, have you not thought of a bit of extra warmth ?

Upvote 0

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
One was started,, but it died a natural death.. :cry::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No

When you know when your coming over to Spain let me know and I can tell you what the weather is like here in Alicante and on the cost. ken

Upvote 0

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Many a true word. I have piled on pounds in the MH. It's sooooo easy, not much activity, food and booze always at arms length. And that is for a few weeks.

Cadiz is pretty close to Morocco, have you not thought of a bit of extra warmth ?

Oi! You saying I'm getting fat???:ROFLMAO:

Thought about Morocco but quite like Spain - it isn't just about the weather! We like the Costa De La Luz - very green - not touristy - very few high rise apartment blocks - no English Bars - hardly any Brits! Tranquil! :)

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thought about Morocco but quite like Spain - it isn't just about the weather!

We are just the opposite, we had many holidays in France/Germany/Switzerland ( Eurocamping ) and Spain was later as typical costa breaks so somehow we never got to actually like the place. There are plenty of wonderful sights to be seen, who could not be amazed at the Moorish sites. I think at the back of my mind is the Inquisition and bullfighting, I don't regard them as really civilised.

Morocco was different, the French influence made us quite happy there. Muslims, as long as you don't listen to Bush and Blair *are* civilised, in fact, IMHO, Spain was at it's pinicle under Moorish rule.

So if we did want a warm winter I guess I would prefer Essouria to Cadiz for the sake of a few hundred miles further to drive.

Awesome photo opportunities in Morocco.

Upvote 0

Sneezles

Free Member
Aug 23, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Two years
Winter????? Well, we have just got back from Javea Spain (not in MH though) and it has rained every day but one, torrential rain with storms, thunder and lightening!:Angry:
Should have stayed in the UK, was sunny here!!!:cry:

Upvote 0

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
Winter????? Well, we have just got back from Javea Spain (not in MH though) and it has rained every day but one, torrential rain with storms, thunder and lightening!:Angry:

Just to let you know we have been in and out of the pool most of the day the sun is out here now:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Sunny - does not do it justice. Look at the Morecambe meet photos. It was soooooo good though we did pay for it in mozzie bites. A small price to pay for the long hot sunny days and bbqs and FUN camaraderie and ISS sighting late into the night.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back