Free Member
Jul 13, 2012
Following the Sun
Funster No
MH
Hobby Premium 65GE
Exp
since 1985
7 day shop are offering a 3 data sim containing 12 gig of data use for £23.49 it can be used just as fast as you want but lasts for 12months. It is a multi sim format so you can change between different devices. £2 for a gig a month seems good to me and covers a load of countries round the world full details are on three website but deal is withmaillist@7dayshop.com

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
the 3 data for 12gig lasting 12 mths is good,however it is a 1 off deal,when it runs out the max you will get is 25quid for 7gig

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
That SIM is around all over the place but £23.49 is a good price. I paid £24.99 from eBay last month.

Deleted User
the 3 data for 12gig lasting 12 mths is good,however it is a 1 off deal,when it runs out the max you will get is 25quid for 7gig

Yes it is but nothing to stop you buying multiple sims.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
I mix and match between a 12 month sim and one/three month sims to avoid going over the 60 day limit. I had, up until last week, only used my 12 month sim in a 'Feel at Home' country on two occasions and each time for less than 60 days. However, I went to France for 5 days over the weekend and could not get access to any network. On my return I investigated and discovered that Three had disabled International use of the SIM. After an online chat session they reset the account to allow International use again. In future I will check online a few days before departure to make sure International use is still enabled. I recommend others who use a Three sim for multiple trips do the same

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
only used my 12 month sim in a 'Feel at Home' country on two occasions and each time for less than 60 days. However, I went to France for 5 days over the weekend and could not get access to any network. On my return I investigated and discovered that Three had disabled International use of the SIM.

Why had they disabled International use? They say they will text you if they are going to disable due to "overuse".

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
My sim was blocked this morning according to 3 the max use abroad is 12gig,I got refunded the cash I had put in the sim,it seems the way to use it is multi sims

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Blocked or just ran out? Once you've used your 12gb you either have to top up - expensive - or use a new sim, - cheaper - which has a new number and turn on roaming on the 3 website.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Why had they disabled International use? They say they will text you if they are going to disable due to "overuse".

No text in advance or notification that they had disabled international use. The accumulated number of days roaming was also less than 60 days. I have put it down to a computer glitch but, as I mentioned previously, will check international use is still enabled before departing on future adventures abroad.

Deleted User
My sim was blocked this morning according to 3 the max use abroad is 12gig,I got refunded the cash I had put in the sim,it seems the way to use it is multi sims

I have just paid for an add on of 3 Gb on my 12Gb sim that has been only used in Spain and France for 4 weeks but is still in the 'queue' to be used after the 12 Gb runs out, just have to see what happens!

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
My 12 gig cut off with nearly 2 gig left so beware

Deleted User
Blocked or just ran out? Once you've used your 12gb you either have to top up - expensive - or use a new sim, - cheaper - which has a new number and turn on roaming on the 3 website.

3 Gb for £15 is not all that expensive in the context of prices in France, I paid 20 euros for 1 Gb that ran for 14 days and the service has been rubbish so I have gone back to the 3 sim.

Oct 5, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
firebrand campervan
Exp
ours was cut off with no notification. (wasted £15.00) on checking with them we were told that we had exceeded our days away as we had been away 3 times. not more than 60 days all told though. it seems they assume usage for a longer period than actualy used. we are now going to try using in England immediatley on return to show that we are back in UK thereby showing actual number of days away. hope this helps.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.

When using multi sims, can you just stick another new one in whilst away, or, do they have to be fired up in the UK before you go, to register them on the network ?

Should I take a gross to be sure ? :)

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
When using multi sims, can you just stick another new one in whilst away, or, do they have to be fired up in the UK before you go, to register them on the network ?

I believe that you should activate the sim in the UK. I always do. However, I have heard of some who have successfully inserted an unactivated sim abroad and it has worked.

Deleted User
I believe that you should activate the sim in the UK. I always do. However, I have heard of some who have successfully inserted an unactivated sim abroad and it has worked.

I have done that more than once, but only PAYG sims.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Activate in uk np and no didnt exceed my 60 day

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
That could be me folks! I'm using it now in France and I've had no problems in the last three weeks and only once have I failed to get a 3G connection.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Got me worried now. Just paid £15 to top up my 3 simcard ready to go away to Scandinavia for 6 weeks but thinking about it, I used it quite a lot on our winter trip. Be a bit miffed if it blocks and it's too late now to order a new one - unless I can find a 3 shop on way to the Tunnel.

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
ours was cut off with no notification. (wasted £15.00) on checking with them we were told that we had exceeded our days away as we had been away 3 times. not more than 60 days all told though.

They also have a condition about if it's used exclusively abroad during any 3 months in a 12 month period.

RE activating a sim, I asked Three and they said although it's possible to activate while abroad it's safest to activate in UK before travelling in case of any problems. I'm going to take 2 next time, one already activated and one as a back-up just in case, although 12gb should be enough as we're usually on sites with free wifi in Spain.

To prevent using up your gigabytes turn off automatic updates etc.

Deleted User
They also have a condition about if it's used exclusively abroad during any 3 months in a 12 month period.

RE activating a sim, I asked Three and they said although it's possible to activate while abroad it's safest to activate in UK before travelling in case of any problems. I'm going to take 2 next time, one already activated and one as a back-up just in case, although 12gb should be enough as we're usually on sites with free wifi in Spain.

To prevent using up your gigabytes turn off automatic updates etc.

I lost over 8 Gb of my 12 due to microsofts embedded onedrive cloud system uploading my files without asking! Still not found a proper way to get rid of the damn thing, at present it is 'paused'

?

Deleted User
I lost over 8 Gb of my 12 due to microsofts embedded onedrive cloud system uploading my files without asking! Still not found a proper way to get rid of the damn thing, at present it is 'paused'
The wee icon on the right of the toolbar. Right click and try settings as you can stop the syinc by unlinking it.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I find the best way to avoid excess data use is to turn off the mifi when I'm not using it. Emails still go to my 3 contract phone even with it off.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I find the best way to avoid excess data use is to turn off the mifi when I'm not using it. Emails still go to my 3 contract phone even with it off.
That won't stop it backing up and updating in the background when you do switch it on. The only way is to disable these functions - which is not easily done without rummaging around in settings.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back