Just need a motorhome now! (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 43219
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 43219

Deleted User
Hi All
Just joined as my wife and I have decided we're getting too old for camping - we live in the north of Scotland. Most of our travels will be up here, so we are looking for a slim vehicle. Initial thoughts are a PVC conversion but we'll see how we get on after we've tramped around a few dealers. Does anyone have any advice on which 6m two berth vans have the best storage space to accommodate all our outdoor gear?

Tony

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi and :welcome3: to Fun.
Motorhomes are a very personal choice, so many variations. Go inside as many as possible, sit in them, stand ( and sit) in the bathrooms. You'll find dozens of variations in storage --- wardrobes, lockers, garages.

Sitting and walking around as many vans as you can will soon show you what you don't want!

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
:welcome3:
Cant help you with choice of motorhome,Im sure some one will be along soon who can!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Hi All
Just joined as my wife and I have decided we're getting too old for camping - we live in the north of Scotland. Most of our travels will be up here, so we are looking for a slim vehicle. Initial thoughts are a PVC conversion but we'll see how we get on after we've tramped around a few dealers. Does anyone have any advice on which 6m two berth vans have the best storage space to accommodate all our outdoor gear?

Tony
think you might have to have a word with purple bob . he does night time taxis in fort william.
you possibly have seen him around . tell him i told you to have a word .

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi and welcome to fun.
We've downsized to a 2 berth PVC. From a 7 birth when we took the kids with us.
We've not lost much length wise , just the width.
That makes all the difference when you want to get to the out of the way places . We love the Hebredian islands , ( lucky you living up there!) plus the Yorkshire dales and lake district nearer our way.
Ralph converted our own Peugeot xlwb. Fondly called Pug. We're very happy with him.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

PS , ALL the under bed space is free. As the water fresh and waste plus the gas is underslung. Plus we have all the over head cupboard space , in the lounge. Plus kitchen cupboards n wardrobe and the over cab bulk head.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
We met a member who actually lives in Wick this weekend. He has no problems with the narrow roads in his coach built, just take it steady. We go every where (and any where) and haven't crashed into any thing yet.:pray:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Storage, especially for outdoor gear is often an issue with PVC's, I know as I have one and have had 3 others! Often the best storage comes if you have a fixed bed, but internal layout is a very personal thing and something you need to give a lot of thought to. Personally I love my fixed bed and store allsorts under it - folding chairs, folding table, wheel ramps, BBQ, leccy cable, water carrier etc. However if a fixed bed is not for you then you could consider a storage box fitted to a bike rack or towbar or even a small trailer.

Good luck with your search, and may you have many enjoyable trips.

roadster55

Free Member
Apr 15, 2016
Deepest Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
On and off for 20 years
Welcome. No good me advising - I have enough trouble making up my own mind lol.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 43219

Deleted User
Hi All
Many thanks for all of your very warm welcomes and ideas on van storage. Looks like an interesting selection process is in the offing - I'll let you know how we get on.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Welcome to the Fun by the way.........
I met a couple with a new Swift Rio yesterday which answers your need for width, whilst it had very limited external locker space it compensated with the raising rear door which allowed them to carry a small motorbike.

Rio.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back