LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
People on the facebook have been saying Albert docks.. £15 a night, overnight allowed... Need coins though as thats all the machine will take.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
People on the facebook have been saying Albert docks.. £15 a night, overnight allowed... Need coins though as thats all the machine will take.

That is very true, but there are only enough spaces for around 10 vans in the marina carpark. I would imagine they will be long taken up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It's actually Kings Dock (bay sizes at Albert Dock are too small) and you need to contact the control room if you wish to stay overnight. See the entry Here.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It's actually Kings Dock (bay sizes at Albert Dock are too small) and you need to contact the control room if you wish to stay overnight. See the entry Here.

There is a little know motorhome parking in the marina carpark Graham. It does have electric hookup and water and dump.

Reactions: GJH

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

Cheers Graham.. Sometimes people put Albert then Kings..
That clarifies it all... Look like I could be going to Liverpool soon :) Fancy a few days to look around..

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There is a little know motorhome parking in the marina carpark Graham. It does have electric hookup and water and dump.
So little known there is nothing on their web site Dave :D
I wonder if, officially, it is just for use by people who have taken out mooring contracts. We were at a rally last year at a marina that also has a licensed camping/caravan site and they had such an arrangement there for boat owners with motorhomes if I recall correctly.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
So little known there is nothing on their web site Dave :D
I wonder if, officially, it is just for use by people who have taken out mooring contracts. We were at a rally last year at a marina that also has a licensed camping/caravan site and they had such an arrangement there for boat owners with motorhomes if I recall correctly.

I know its there because I have been and asked in the office about it. There is room for about 10 vans and there is a restaurant. Its a 5 minute stroll into the Albert dock complex. Next time am down there I will get prices as I have now forgotten. They have hookups, as I have eaten down there and seen motorhomes coming and going.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I know its there because I have been and asked in the office about it. There is room for about 10 vans and there is a restaurant. Its a 5 minute stroll into the Albert dock complex. Next time am down there I will get prices as I have now forgotten. They have hookups, as I have eaten down there and seen motorhomes coming and going.
Sorry Dave, I wasn't meaning to cast doubt on what you said.
Normally anywhere which includes a caravan site has some form of publicity in order to attract people to stay, that's what made me wonder whether it is just an adjunct to the marina berthing.

A couple of years ago I contacted Northumberland Council, having seen a story about development at a coastal village, to ask if they would consider including an aire in the plans. They told me that they would not be going down that route, one of the main reasons being that the owner of the local marina had gained planning approval for a scheme included the provision of a number of overnight bays for motorhomes. The owner had apparently confirmed that there would be four bays, inside the marina compound, active from that summer and that appropriate signage would be put in place. I was given an e-mail address to contact the marina owner but my e-mail received no response and nothing has ever been added to the marina web site, leading me to believe that the facility was just for berthing customers.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Its still there, I just checked it out on Google earth from the comfort of my armchair. 4 motorhomes on there when Google took the photo. Must admit, when Google took the photo it was a bit cramped.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Great wild camping site on the Wirral at Harrison drive, 10 min daytime bus service into Liverpool 20 min at night 30 min journey . Been going for years without a problem :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Its still there, I just checked it out on Google earth from the comfort of my armchair. 4 motorhomes on there when Google took the photo. Must admit, when Google took the photo it was a bit cramped.
And possibly a couple of RVs near the canoes Dave? You're right, it does look a bit cosy :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back