Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
Would an American Sat dome work in Europe ? was nosing again on flea bay and found one link below if so then could save peeps £££££:

Link Removed

works out @ £1 to $1.61 =£531.15 not inc P&P

Last edited:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Would an American Sat dome work in Europe ? was nosing again on flea bay and found one link below if so then could save peeps £££££:

Link Removed

works out @ £1 to $1.61 =£531.15 not inc P&P

:Sad: Not without re-programming. It is set to find the US Sats. It CAN be done at a price.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I looked into having a KLH or was it KLM re done that came on the RV
new inards and software 2k plus was quoted:Eeek: also a sat guy has looked into the possibilities and its a no goer:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Andy 01424

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
thanks for info guys:thumb: this what MF is all about..cheers:thumb::thumb:

also damn thought by using a reciever with disq programming in it would do the job on either Auto Dish and Dome ,oh well

Last edited:

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I dont know too much about this however I did import 2 of them for the princely sum of £300 each (when there were 2 dollars to the pound) via ebay. The shipping cost was £150 each and some sort of tax which we werent expecting at £100 each. In order to make them work in europe we had to buy something (and I will clarify with the father in law what it was) from Norway for £70. This made the grand total £620 and a couple of hours of work messing about putting the £70 thing in.
Father in law was a sparky so he knew what he was doing in relation to different bits and pieces he needed to get it to work.
The actual thing has a dome and has 2 automatically finding presets which can be set to different satellites. It is not one of those ones that follows the satellite on the move.
All in all he is very happy with his and we believe the equivelent price would have been about £1100 in this country buying from ebay.
The reason we bought 2 was just in case one didnt work and had it as an insurance policy.
I am not sure I would reccomend it even though we have come off well as it was a risk which could easily have not worked out. Probably better to look in eurpoe when the pound is stronger.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BBCOBMIKE

Free Member
Sep 1, 2009
Henley On Thames
Funster No
MH
Class B
Exp
Four years ago I bought the Oyster system from Germany Link Removed Easy installation with clear instruction manual (down loadable from their site) and works great.. The US sourced ones as others have said will need resetting for Astra satellites and probably a new LNB and I have to say if I was doing it again and with the experience of the Oyster I would buy the much cheaper US version and hope there were no warranty issues. Add a Sky box and card and you are away.
Buying from the EU at least secure a warranty.
I would search the internet for a good price from the UK and also Germany/france on ebay www.ebay.de or www.ebay.fr to find the dealers or perhaps a second hand unit.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
A European version of the KVH trackvison dome has ben available over here for a while. I had thought of getting one or something like it........but have not bothered as we dont get to use the van enough:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back