CARTHAGO CHIC 're TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY' (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
Well you good folks on here....just to keep you in the loop (as all the best trendy people seem to say:LOL:)
WE'VE BEEN AND GONE AND DONE IT! YEP!! we've put down A SMALL DEPOSIT (nothing like what the 1st salesman asked for) for the CARTHAGO and we collect our 'new to us' van on 6th June :drinks:
We'd like to thank you all for the help and advice you've given us in our decision to change our Bessie Bessacar to Carthago - anything you can help us with especially if youve got the same van would be gratefully received lol
Very Happy Campers
Ann & Mike

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We don't do trendy here.

Good solid old fashioned will do nicely. "We thought we'd let you know what our plans are, provided the salesman is not a lying toad which is a fanciful notion".

Sacrifice two chickens and a goat to the gods of delivery dates.

OP
OP
Ann&MikeMancs
Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
Haha
Great!
I hope the chickens are organic, free range,!!
Fingers crossed as well, as I fear your predictions may well be justified! :devil:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Well done and happy travels I expect plenty of pictures as we hope to buy one next year

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Many congratulations on your purchase. I've owned a Carthago CTourer AClass for nearly18 months now. Brilliant build quality BUT as with all manufacturers the fittings are from a third party so the same junk as everyone else uses. Don't abandon your toolbox just yet. The biggest shock were my running lights. One bulb has gone off and I've got to buy a pair at £315. Don't think so.
Enjoy.

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Really chuffed for you both. Have you planned your first weekend away yet? Enjoy. Janet and Gary X

OP
OP
Ann&MikeMancs
Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
Oh no! It's a good job we noticed that an 'led running light' wasn't working when we took her for a test drive....
Maybe that's where the northern phrase of 'we're poor but we have fun' originated?!!:D

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I've got a C-Tourer on order. Gulp! Are the parts really stupid prices? I hadn't factored that into my deliberations.
I was totally shocked at the replacement prices. I'll always remember a carthago owner saying to me buying them is the cheapest part. If you need an external screen cover buy it from Italy. The Carthago item just falls off. The dealer quoted me over £400 for a habitation service, no thanks. Not for a little sticker and nothing else. I've had many items replaced locally such as habitation door stay, cupboard handles, waste tank unions, 2 fridges, new towbar as Carthago fitted the wrong one for £600, entrance door catches, I could go on. I'm not a happy customer and will NOT buy another Carthago.

OP
OP
Ann&MikeMancs
Oct 25, 2014
Salford
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic 5.0i
Exp
Since 2015
:whew: Oh dear. I don't know what to say....
We are taking out an extended RAC warranty for £399 for three years which I hope will 'do us'
Sorry you've had such problems...
Ann

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
:whew: Oh dear. I don't know what to say....
We are taking out an extended RAC warranty for £399 for three years which I hope will 'do us'
Sorry you've had such problems...
Ann
Thank you. Good luck with your van. I will not buy another Carthago, don't need the hassle. Down in France and last night the plastic door screen runner snapped. Happy days.

Sep 4, 2014
Putney, London
Funster No
MH
Still Just Looking :-(
Exp
Thank you. Good luck with your van. I will not buy another Carthago, don't need the hassle. Down in France and last night the plastic door screen runner snapped. Happy days.
Weren't the issues covered by Warranty? We are swithering between Hymer/Carthago as they both have layouts we like. So concerned by your comments.

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Weren't the issues covered by Warranty? We are swithering between Hymer/Carthago as they both have layouts we like. So concerned by your comments.

Don't be so concerned - its one persons opinion and findings (not to say they are right or wrong) - there are many others with quite a different opinion including myself on this forum who own them. Anyway - you got plenty more time to wind yourself up or down eh!

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
No matter what motorhome you buy there is always good one's and bad one's it used to be called Friday night shift for cars.

2 people could buy the same type of motorhome first one hates it loads of faults , second one loves it no faults we still intend to buy a c line or e line.

At the same time I think it is great for members to post faults and problems they are having that's what fun is about sharing information

Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back