Electrolux fridge freezer (1 Viewer)

Muffinn

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Worcester
Funster No
Exp
I have a very good Electrolux AES 11 RM 6505.

My concern is that it is meant to be "wise" enough to know where to get its power source from. However, when plugged into mains it is only happy for a while then it decides that it wants to run off gas. Any idea why?

I have a fully charged one year old leisure battery so it can't be that.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
When plugged into the mains you should be running from your charger so 12volt should be OK, regardless of battery state. Sounds to me more like a board on the fridge that is playing up.
Just had a second thought could it be the 240v element, try switching to 240v and see if that works OK.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Muffinn

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Worcester
Funster No
Exp
Interesting and helpful.

I am not sure I can switch to 240 as it all happens automatically I think.

Your comment about the charger is interesting as the charger has stopped working, which hasn't worried me as the roof panel does the job of keeping the battery in top condition. I tried an external charger to check the other day and it was only on for a minute or two before saying fully charged.

The charger is awkwardly sited under the passenger seat, the fuse is still Ok so assume it must be the charger at fault?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
If it's the same working as my AES you can switch to any mode and auto on the off/on switch. With a light showing which mode you are in, gas,12v,240,auto think that's the order only going from memory.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Muffinn

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Worcester
Funster No
Exp
Nothing so helpful I'm afraid - the on button and the five lights denoting how low you want the temperature but nothing else to tell you which mode you are in - until the red light comes on saying it's not using electricity and wants the gas turning on!

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Sorry you must have an earlier model you should be able to get a manual on download from Electrolux via the web if you google it if you don't have one.

Best of luck

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I have a very good Electrolux AES 11 RM 6505.

My concern is that it is meant to be "wise" enough to know where to get its power source from. However, when plugged into mains it is only happy for a while then it decides that it wants to run off gas. Any idea why?

I have a fully charged one year old leisure battery so it can't be that.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

I have a very similar Fridge/Freezer with AES.

There is an in-line switched outlet in the mains line of ours.That went faulty once and was replaced.

Is it anything to do with the polarity of the hookup?

I always carry a polarity checker.

You haven't got an excessive voltage drop on the mains line (You didn't say if this happens when running other 220-240 v ac equipment)Might be worth measuring the voltage at the appliance with, and without, other electric appliances running.

I have found both polarity AND voltage variations from site to site even though they do have to have them checked.

Steve,

Last edited:

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
I have the same fridge which is doing excatly the same, keeps switching to gas even though 240v is there. Have had it all checked out and the answer is a new circuit board. Am having it fitted next week so will let you know.

ken

OP
OP
M

Muffinn

Free Member
Apr 17, 2008
Worcester
Funster No
Exp
Interesting suggestions - thanks.
Re Polarity and voltage drop I have checked and this happens at home when its plugged in too.
Re Circuit board - I assume this is in the fridge? How much were you quoted?
Cheers

jacken

Free Member
Dec 9, 2007
kent
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
8 years
Sorry about delay in replying. Circuit board cost is £140.00 plus fitting which is quite easy as it is behind the top control panel.

ken

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back