Convert MS front page website to?? (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi I built a website for our shops back in 03-04 since then I haven't touched it (its pretty crap) I recently found out that when valueweb hosts went belly-up my domain was transferred to them but not the site, might be because they don't support Front page? anyway I have now FTP it to them and its up and running.

But its got bits missing etc. and some of the links don't work, so I need to convert it to something else, the question is what? Scotjimland is going to redo it when he gets settled, but if I can get it into a better program it might save me some cash, and him some work.

Olley

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Unless you have anything particularly clever going on then frontpage is probably only converting to html anyway. It is just as easy to write it in html in the first place.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Ian, Frontpage has been superceded by Expression Web. (YUK) I have not seen it but I imagine that your site is mostly static html. If you email the pages to me I can take out the bits that need Frontpage server extensions and fix the links, that way it should run ok on any server:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim thanks for the offer, but I don't think you realise what you are taking on ::bigsmile: have a look here: Group Page

As "one" don't support MS I had to upload it manually via zilla something or other, not knowing what to upload, I uploaded everything :Doh: consequentially it was a bit of a big upload, 5meg I think.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Ian, it looks like a very straight-forward setup. Some of the site depended on MSFP server extensions, but for your type of site you don't really need it. It would take a day or so to build a new site. It should really be bought up to Web2 standards, which will allow customer comments and maybe even showing the bookings on line etc. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim what's the easiest program to do that with? got to be very easy, the good thing about MS was it was all graphical, no HTMLing, don't want to buy a program, but if I have to I will.

Olley

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I just imported the site into Webplus x2 just to see what needed doing. It's 80 pages in length :Eeek: a mamouth task for someone. I have not kept it, was just having a gander.

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Dave yes I did get a bit carried away when I built it ::bigsmile: and it wasn't even finished :ROFLMAO:

I think I am getting the feeling I had better junk it and let Jim (scotjim) make a new one, at least it will give him an idea of what I want.

Olley

PS on the other hand Jim (our leader) did offer :winky:::bigsmile:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back