Always something else to think about. left or right ? (1 Viewer)

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
I have seen several comments on here about the roads in France and Spain not being as busy as they are here (why ? )

Given that, and the fact that we are now thinking in terms of 6 months here and 6 in milder climes each year which causes the most problems. Left hand drive here or right hand drive over there ?

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Personally, I prefer to have RHD. But I always travel with Mrs Colpot who is my lookout at roundabouts abroad. I always preferred driving my RHD car in France, but its going to be different for others. Also our Motorhome is only 18ft long so its much like driving the car.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have seen several comments on here about the roads in France and Spain not being as busy as they are here (why ? )

Given that, and the fact that we are now thinking in terms of 6 months here and 6 in milder climes each year which causes the most problems. Left hand drive here or right hand drive over there ?

>> Why.

Not sure but something like huge countries with more roads. Paris ring is as bad as the M25. The Madrid ring is new and up to the job. Malaga area is terrible. But the trunk roads are a real treat.

Spain seems to have good toll motorways and often a dual carriageway close by.

France has the slow national roads if you don't want to pay but not too terrible when in MH holiday mood and you get to see France.

RHD is no problem to us. For overtaking 'er indoors acts as my eyes when it's not practical to move out a bit.

Altogether an excellent experience.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If I told 'er indoors' nothing was coming she would smile benignly and say 'how the f@@k would you know ?'

:Smile:

Not funny really but you seem to be coping.

It's not a big problem, it's very rare that a second set of eyes is needed, just hang back if in doubt. You can get forward facing wing mirrors but I've no experience of these, I'd be very very careful if using one.

No excuse for not getting out today and buying RHD or LHD. I think you can get LHD bargains in Germany, you have to do a bit more work to register them in the UK but plenty have done it.

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
Best quote while working :

Customer: all clear this way
My Reply; hits you first so why should i worry lol
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
With the exception of the large cities the roads over there are far quieter because every bu##er is over here on this tiny island . We have 62 million population, France has about the same in a country that is many times larger.
Its lovely driving over there whether your motor is RHD or LHD :thumb:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
dont make any diffeance when your drunk:ROFLMAO:

only kidding:Doh: