Northumberland coast over May holiday (1 Viewer)

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
I intend driving around this area over the coming Bank holiday weekend, anyone going to be around thereabouts.
Thanks,
Norman.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We're planning to be at the Beadnell THS over the BH weekend (Annstead Farm). Very good value at £8 a night. Maybe see you there .......

OP
OP
TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
maz, thanks for the reply. I usually wild camp but will bear that that in mind.
Norman.

Edit,
Won't see you there as they are fully booked, thanks again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
maz,
I rang Annstead farm and they said that they were fully booked, I assumed that this is the THS also or is there another number to ring.
Norman.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
You don't have to book THSs unless it specifically says so in the details - this one doesn't. The THS is run by a district association of the C&CC - you need to be a C&CC member to use it. Annstead Farm themselves have nothing to do with the running of the THS - they just get paid for the use of a field.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
maz,
I rang Annstead farm and they said that they were fully booked, I assumed that this is the THS also or is there another number to ring.
Norman.
See the embedded links in my previous post Norman. There is a steward contact number for the THS but, as Maz says, no need to book.

OP
OP
TUCANO
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Seriously, it is a Temporary Holiday Site which I believe are run by the C&CC for their members only. Notice that I said "I believe" as I have never actually visited one before as I tend to do wild camping, should I find the place it will be a first for me :Eeek:
Norman.

Apr 9, 2015
🇵🇹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
Learning something new everyday(y)
We'll be out and about too over the weekend, probably head for Whitby/moors.
Wherever you end up - have a lovely weekend :)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We spend a lot of time on THSs in the summer. They're usually cheap, in good locations and filled with friendly people. If you can survive without hook-up, they're an excellent option. :)

Reactions: GJH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We spend a lot of time on THSs in the summer. They're usually cheap, in good locations and filled with friendly people. If you can survive without hook-up, they're an excellent option. :)
Seconded. We like to go to areas we haven't been to previously and have found THSs (coupled with rallies/meets sometimes) an excellent way of travelling round a chosen area.

Reactions: maz

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
How do you find out where these THS' s are?
You have to be a member of the Camping & Caravanning Club to use them. They are listed in each monthly magazine and details are in the Members Area of their web site.

Incidentally, what part of Tees-side are you in?

poolie18

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Mohawk
Exp
Getting longer
Hi GJH we are members of the C&CC I've just never really looked at the DA weekend listings before. We live in Hartlepool

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi GJH we are members of the C&CC I've just never really looked at the DA weekend listings before. We live in Hartlepool
To quote Terry Collier from The Likely Lads "You mean somebody actually lives in Hartlepool?" :D Sorry, couldn't resist that :D

We find the Meet and THS listings very useful for trip planning. We were at a THS at Corbridge at Easter, one at Rhos on Sea last bank holiday and a meet at Hipperholme last weekend. We have a trip to a THS at Bournemouth planned for June/July and will use THSs on the way down and back for a day or tow to break the journey. The majority are no booking so you just turn up. You don't usually have to even say how long you are going to stay, paying just before you go.

poolie18

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Mohawk
Exp
Getting longer
Somebody has to :), we actually live in the seaside resort of Seaton Carew :cool: lol.
Thanks for the info sounds like a great alternative way of getting around. Think we might pop up to Beadnell ourselves on the Sunday.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
@GJH Graham, do these THS have toilets or just fresh water and emptying options? I ask as a vegetarian, "Happy Bowls" can only go so far!
Some, especially at schools, have access to toilets (and even showers) though maybe not 24 hours but the majority are just fresh water and emptying facilities. At places which have a licensed caravan site (or CL) as well as rally fields there may be toilets and showers but (especially the latter) sometimes only for use by the people paying full price.

The details on the web site for each one normally says what facilities are available. For anyone happy to use their own facilities THSs are ideal.

poolie18

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
Teesside
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Mohawk
Exp
Getting longer
[QUITE ="GJH post: 1878713, member: 127"]Do you wear a Panama hat? :LOL::LOL:[/QUOTE]
Only when I'm in my canoe :D:D

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Just back from a THS at Porth Beach Cornwall, it was in a section of a full facilities site just across the road from the beach, but as been said most are just water and cassette emptying

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Well, we've arrived at the Beadnell THS and are parked up at the far end of the field next to another Hobby. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back