Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Great song and I'd forgotten how funny the video was! Thanks Charlie!
Dire straights is one of our music of choices when driving!

?

Deleted User
Easy if you are not a fan. Overrated band, not crap just overrated to me. Think i like loud heavy rock to much. Saying that i did buy Brothers In Arms and my still have it up the attic.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Brothers in Arms would be my favourite track if I was going to learn the guitar, or something by Hendrix

?

Deleted User
Brothers in Arms would be my favourite track if I was going to learn the guitar, or something by Hendrix

They did a track that was used in a film but for the life of me i cant remember what it was called. That was not bad loud. I would say along the same lines as Dire Straights is Chris Rea. Listening to him loud on a long night drive is bliss.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Easy if you are not a fan. Overrated band, not crap just overrated to me. Think i like loud heavy rock to much. Saying that i did buy Brothers In Arms and my still have it up the attic.

MK is one of the all time greatest guitar players. That for me alone means its brilliant !

I like a broad section of music and never criticise anyone's choice .(y)(y)(y)

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Great song and I'd forgotten how funny the video was! Thanks Charlie!
Dire straights is one of our music of choices when driving!

Just had "Brothers in arms" on the headphones and my wife said what have you got on ? I told her and she said.... Thats our holiday music !

So just remember if you are on a site somewhere and you hear someone crucifying Dire Straights on the leccy it could just be me ! :LOL::LOL:

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
MK is one of the all time greatest guitar players. That for me alone means its brilliant !

Would agree with that, him, Clapton and Hendrix were a different level, Edge from U2 is no slouch either

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
They did a track that was used in a film but for the life of me i cant remember what it was called. That was not bad loud. I would say along the same lines as Dire Straights is Chris Rea. Listening to him loud on a long night drive is bliss.

Local Hero?? It's the music that plays when Newcastle come onto the pitch

?

Deleted User

Opinion. We are all entitled to them however i would criticise as i cant stand Rap or thrash metal and would not hesitate to let that be known if i was stuck in a situation where i was subjected to either.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Would agree with that, him, Clapton and Hendrix were a different level, Edge from U2 is no slouch either
All are truly inspirational !

I heard the other day.. Someone asked Eric Clapton what it was like to be the best guitar player of all time. To which he replied . I don't know ask Prince.. Quite some tribute that is ! Not a huge Prince fan me but he too was a master. RIP Prince..........

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
All are truly inspirational !

I heard the other day.. Someone asked Eric Clapton what it was like to be the best guitar player of all time. To which he replied . I don't know ask Prince.. Quite some tribute that is ! Not a huge Prince fan me but he too was a master. RIP Prince..........

I'm not a huge fan of Prince either, Purple Rain or when doves cry were classics but after that...
I have a very diverse taste in music and still listen to Radio 1, there are some decent bands about in amongst the manufactured rubbish

?

Deleted User
I'm not a huge fan of Prince either, Purple Rain or when doves cry were classics but after that...
I have a very diverse taste in music and still listen to Radio 1, there are some decent bands about in amongst the manufactured rubbish

I cpi;d not get enough of Purple Rain back in the day. He did the soundtrack to a Batman film that needed quite a few listens to get used to it.

Seen this?

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I cpi;d not get enough of Purple Rain back in the day. He did the soundtrack to a Batman film that needed quite a few listens to get used to it.

Seen this?

Love that (y)

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Love Dire Straits. Yes, it was Local Hero, great track, great film.
Favourite DS track, probably live version of Tunnel of Love.
Current favourite album is Mark Knopfler with Emmylou Harris, All the Road Running. If you haven't already, check it out.:)

Aug 21, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starblazer
Exp
since 2015
Wow! Dire Straits bring back some great memories. 1978 I think, not long passed my driving test. Was the designated driver (only one with a clean license) and on our way to 'The Picnic' at Blackbushe airodrome to see Dylan. Clapton, Joan Armatrading etc. Dire Straits played pretty much non stop all the way there. Great memories. :D

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If you can watch this wee video and keep absolutely still there is no hope.

One of my favourite songs not least because its the one that inspired me to learn guitar..... Badly :D

I play keyboards (badly) so all we need is a arrhythmic drummer and a tone deaf vocalist and we can do it too.:LOL:

?

Deleted User
Heavy rock played loud, think that's why I have tinnitus and hearing aids.

John.

Got the Tinnitus in one ear so you win. Its starting to do my nut in as its getting louder and as its in one ear i find myself tilting my head to listen to quiet things but the wife sits on the good side so cant blank her nagging to easy.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
some of my favourite musicians featured on this thread.....happy memories

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun