carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Guys can someone help couple weeks ago i was out for weekend, and strong wind wiped up, in a attempt to get my awing back in. The awning ripped in two places big rips one near top of awning and one on the bottom, this awning, is a electric awning flamia f45. can some help with a repair does any one at shows repair or is there a mobile service on the newcastle upon tyne, or do i have to buy a complete new awning ?

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Worth contacting www.starspangledspanner.co.uk they do an awning repair tape for the American RV's. It will only be a temporary repair but may well see the season out while you sort a permanent repair/ replacement

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
carl65

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
f it ripped it may be past it's best by date.. how old is it ?

no need to buy a complete awning, you can buy a new fabric from Fiamma
hi its about 10 years old they guy that had motorhome before me lived in spain i think so it was faded and must have been getting more brittle over the years, are they a self fit? i am no DIY person ??

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
hi its about 10 years old they guy that had motorhome before me lived in spain i think so it was faded and must have been getting more brittle over the years, are they a self fit? i am no DIY person ??
Yes, no doubt has suffered UV degrading..

It's not a hard job, but needs two people and two pairs of steps. .. the link given by @funflair has a pdf with instructions.. have a read http://www.fiamma.com/download/reparation/changing_canopy.pdf

I changed mine on my American RV.. and it's quite a job.. European awnings are much easier...

I also tried repairing but it was just a waste of effort.. it was too old.. and kept tearing somewhere else..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DrMekon

Free Member
Nov 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Is there a guide for shortening the fabric on the F65s? Mine has an inch long rip just at the very bottom. I've used the repair tape to stop it ripping further, and I can see that one end clearly unscrews. I'm not sure what to expect when I slide the end of the awning off, as the Fiamma video about replacing canopies doesn't show this.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back