Quinta Majay, easy on... difficult off... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I was gloating a little early yesterday when Doug and Sandra drove their Swift through the trees and onto the land that I call Quinta Majay.

This morning they couldn't drive off!

The slightess slope combined with a slightly slippy ground and the front wheel drive coach built couldn't cope! A drive wheel spun.

I had always heard there were sometimes problems losing grip with front wheel drive motorhomes but only now do I realise how quick they are to do so!

Fortunately the trusty Hymer was there so, going up the slope through the trees backwards, I towed them up the entance track and they were free!

This is obviously a problem which I will have to solve unless visitors are restricted to those with sensible drive trains.... engine - gearbox - prop shaft - rear diff axle - sorted.

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Clever ploy JJ.

One night stay sir ? Nah, it will take you two days to get out.

Looks really nice there, best of luck with it.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Sounds like you need a goodly layer of aggregate on the drive, would suggest 2 to 3 inches at least should solve the problem.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Drive-in....reverse-out :thumb:
There you-go problem solved, the invoice for the consultation's in the post :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sounds like you need a goodly layer of aggregate on the drive, would suggest 2 to 3 inches at least should solve the problem.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Aggregate...... Nah !!!

2" to dust hardcore......6" to 8" deep.:thumb: (you have 3.5t to 4t going over it)

chuck it down and forget it.....no maintainance needed apart from a bit more as needed for the soft/sunken bits.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Highwayman wins today's prize for best solution to exit policy but thanks to all the wise and witty Funsters for their valuable advice :)

I don't own the track and it goes through a beautiful, natural pine forest and normally driven vehicles are in and out with no difficulty.

Just another sign telling me to get a tractor!!!

JJ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back