Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
I was watching the motorhome channel on Sky tv
( yes I should get out more ha)
but the guy was reviewing (yes) reversing cameras,
One in particular had the facility of when driving it views way back down the road , and when reverse is selected the camera dips down to show the area just behind the van,
Interesting but can't find this camera online ?
Anyone seen this one or got a makers name ?
Take care

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
No it was only the one lens that must be motorised that moves up & down on its pivot

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Alonsos

Alonsos

Free Member
Feb 9, 2015
Devon Somerset border
Funster No
MH
Auto trail t615
Exp
Since 2008
Yes your right but Ime a gadget freak ha , I will probably end up with a bog standard version
Regards

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Possibly this one? Camos is a well-known brand of reversing camera (I have had a simple non-tilt version for about 7 years now). The tilting one is fairly pricey and available from Roadpro to special order.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi one point that comes to mind if you only use one camera...It is possibly going to be a bit of a compromise... ie the normal rear view will be a bit more wide angle than is ideal and the reversing view not wide enough..
I've just fitted a twin camera system with a narrow angle for normal rear view and a wide angle for reversing..
Got it from reversing cameras uk.. I'll try a link but not always successful on phone...
You will need a reverse signal and it's better taken from the feed to the reverse lights and not the switch on the gearbox...
On mine the gearbox switch is just an ignition fed ground switching which must activate the reversing light feed...ie it's no good for the camera reverse signal.. I had to find the loom and use the light circuit, and then I only used that to activate a relay as quite often the reversing circuit is current monitored...
Maybe a bit ott but it saves potential problems...
http://shop.reversingcamerasuk.com/...definition_colour_rear_view_camera_system.jpg
Hope it helps...
Andy. .

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Possibly this one? Camos is a well-known brand of reversing camera (I have had a simple non-tilt version for about 7 years now). The tilting one is fairly pricey and available from Roadpro to special order.
That chap reviewing was ( I believe) our very own @dave newell lvs (y)
Right on both counts. Dave fitted a Camos camera for us 2 and a half years ago and it is excellent (and so was the fitting job). Photo of the monitor in place Here.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Hello all, yes it was I although I wasn't actually "reviewing" any specific camera systems, more giving an overview to some of the systems available. The tilting camera is Camos as Jean Luc said and in general are very reliable, I've certainly seen fewer Camos systems fail than the cheaper twin lens jobbies off Ebay (plus the image qulity is generally a lot better). The wide angle/narrow angle issue is not important in my opinion, when looking back down the road behind you only need to know there is a vehicle there (more than 20 feet behind you should be able to see it in your mirrors unless its a bike following on your centre line) not be able to see what the driver had for breakfast. Yes it is an expensive camera but it is very good quality.

D.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981

How much???? Over 500 quid for a bleedin reversing camera???

You could feed a small country for a week for that amount, surely.

talk about more money than sense.

P.S. You did well Dave, pity about the panning away without telling you, good info on the fridge, do you sell the brush you stuck up your flue? :madder:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
How much???? Over 500 quid for a bleedin reversing camera???

You could feed a small country for a week for that amount, surely.

talk about more money than sense.
It's a rear view camera rather than just a reversing camera. Jill, who does virtually all our driving in the van, says it makes it much easier and safer because of the excellent rear view - and most people think she is sensible :D Money well spent in our view (y)

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
It's a rear view camera rather than just a reversing camera. Jill, who does virtually all our driving in the van, says it makes it much easier and safer because of the excellent rear view - and most people think she is sensible :D Money well spent in our view (y)

Your choice Graham, good luck to you, not meant as a criticism, just took my breath away to see a rear view camera at that price.

Reactions: GJH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Your choice Graham, good luck to you, not meant as a criticism, just took my breath away to see a rear view camera at that price.
It does seem a lot but it's all relative.
When we bought the van it had a wireless camera and monitor fitted () which retails for less than half the price (rather more when it was installed by a previous owner) but then requires fitting, is reversing only and was unreliable on all but the smoothest ground.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
"P.S. You did well Dave, pity about the panning away without telling you, good info on the fridge, do you sell the brush you stuck up your flue? :madder:"

Thanks for the kind words, sorry no I don't sell the flue brush, I bought small nylon bottle brush and attached it to a length of stainless steel welding wire.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back