Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
going to have a bessacar E769 , any one got one if so got any tips for us to look out for . its on a 2007 plate and only done 1200 miles. fingers crossed we have done the right thing :Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush:

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
bessie e769

Hi theresa.
We have a e769 and find it a great van.Had from new also 2007 plate.Had a new clutch on the fiat side and a new hab door on the swift side.
A couple of small teething problems but overall very very happy.Swift are also very good re any problems or just advice.Fiat on the otherhand are a waste of time.
Have made a few adjustments inside to improve storage,extra socket on inverter to use while travelling and two extra 12volt sockets direct to hab batteries so live while travelling.
Have looked at other vans and cant find anything to compare unless going to spend 100k or above,american maybe but then big engine and big fuel bill.
Just got back from portugal and fuel was ÂŁ700 over 3000 miles fully loaded so for size of van i think thats quite good,did not do any tolls so speed was up and down and lots of islands in france and upto 85mph on some stretches of motorway.
Hope you are as happy as we are with ours.
Dave

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
thanks for that , re your clutch did it judder in reverse , we were told the 160 was free of this problem . can,t wait to pick her up now :Blush::Blush::Blush:

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Yes it did judder and quite a few others with the 160 also have or had judder.
Alot better since new clutch fitted.Try reverseing on an incline when you pick it up, that way you can report it to dealer right away if there is a problem.
Other than the clutch we have been over the moon with ours, wife loves it.
Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
we will give the dealer a ring tomorrow and get him to try it . they are putting us on a campsite for 2 nights when we do the change over , so we will be able to try it our selfs also , just have to find a slope . we did say to the dealer about the judder thing but was told OH NO NOT WITH THIS SIZE ENGINE , just have to wait and see now . once again thanks for that :thumb::thumb::Blush::Blush::Blush::Doh::Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just got back from portugal and fuel was ÂŁ700 over 3000 miles fully loaded so for size of van i think thats quite good,

are you sure Dave,

that works out at 19mpg using english prices (ÂŁ1 per liter).....you'll have got more than 700 liters for ÂŁ700 in europe.

my 2.8ltr ducato at 3850kg and pulling the corsa toad does 25mpg average.

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
No problem.any questions just pm me.
sounds like you have bought from a good dealer.
Dave

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
are you sure Dave,

that works out at 19mpg using english prices (ÂŁ1 per liter).....you'll have got more than 700 liters for ÂŁ700 in europe.

yeas but Daves probably like me, young and likes to get there today and not tomorrow. :ROFLMAO:

I can get as little as 18mpg at 70mph even on a run.

good luck with the van theresa, if its like Dave and Eddie (family guy) then your in fo ra treat. :thumb:

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
Yes it did judder and quite a few others with the 160 also have or had judder.
Alot better since new clutch fitted.Try reverseing on an incline when you pick it up, that way you can report it to dealer right away if there is a problem.
Other than the clutch we have been over the moon with ours, wife loves it.
Dave

just been on the phone to somerset motorhomes who have told me that van is booked in with fiat garage ,and if it has any recall on it ,re judder it will be done before we pick it up , SO FINGERS CROSSED its going to be o,k . hardly slept a wink last night after reading on other web sites about the probs people have had. just hope our dealer is true to his word :Doh::Doh::cry::cry:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi Haganap... I'm old and don't mind if I arrive the day after tomorrow... and those roses smell really nice... ;-)

JJ

Last edited:

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
are you sure Dave,

Pappajonh,Left calais 11am thursday morning and by friday evening midnight we were 90 min away from albufiera so did not hang around but did have atleast 4 stops a day.I know i could easily get 26plus mpg driving economically but my right foot will not cooperate :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Also off the toll roads in france there are islands and villages everywhere so not good for eco driving but still alot cheaper and much more scenic than the tolls.
Theresa i would not worry to much,youre dealer seems to be doing the right thing but i would ask what fiat have done.
Dave

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi we have a Bessie E789 which is more of less the same van. We have had it since March and so far the only problem has been with the hab door not closing properly, this is a common well knowen fault though.

The rest of the van has been fine and we have done over 4,000 miles and about 40 nights away with a family of 4 and a Labradour in it.

The Fiat bit has also been ok with the only down sides to me being the 20 ish Mpg and a bit slow up the hills.

We had a 2007 Hymer before this van and dont regret changing from a Hymer, as the value for money is so much better and the van has been just as good.

Rich...

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
thanks for that richard . feel a bit better about the van now , just have to wait and see . suppose there is good and bad in every make of van , lets hope ours is going to be one of the good ones :Eeek::Blush:

dav b

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Norfolk/
Funster No
Exp
Several
e769

:Doh:
going to have a bessacar E769 , any one got one if so got any tips for us to look out for . its on a 2007 plate and only done 1200 miles. fingers crossed we have done the right thing :Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush:

dav b

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Norfolk/
Funster No
Exp
Several
have e769 with comfitauto 6 speed box,2008 model with 2000 miles travelled,just returned from peak district many hills and averaged 21.7 mpg,with engine still tight this will improve and am sure on european motorways and normal uk roads will achieve around 22 to 25 mpg which i will be satisfied with for a vehicle of this wheight and size.i am used to running hgvs therefore i believe i should be able to give a fair opinion on how the vehicle will bed in:thumb:

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
thank you , looking forward to picking ours up on the 1st of oct . :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:sounds like you are happy with your baby

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
got our bessacar 769 on thursday spent 2 days in her and she is lovely and guess what so far NO judder other half backed her up on grass slope and all o,k . sommerset motor homes were good as gold came down to camp site each morning to see if all was o,k and to make sure we were happy with the van :thumb::thumb:

RichardnGill

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I am please your happy with it.

I bet you love the space:Smile:

Rich...

OP
OP
T

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
yes thank you richard so far i am really pleased with it , and love the space , beds a bit firm thou but hopefully will be o,k with foam toper on , love it :Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back