Free Member
May 19, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Chausson
Exp
Part time since 2007...
Hi there all, please allow me to introduce myself. Username 'nobbynomad' and now officially in semi retirement having spent most of my life in logistics in one way or another. The last fifteen years being the most exciting having worked for Formula one management for three seasons followed by a touring truck driver in the music biz. Now part time casual (I get to choose) driving trucks in the exhibition and conference sector. I love driving in Europe. I have just purchased a Fiat Ducato Chausson motorhome to follow my adventure before dementia. Hoping you nice peeps can point me in the right direction with advice, humour etc. Thank you in advance...:)o_O:D

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi and welcome!

Right direction...??? South by all means... or may be not, depending on you really fancy!
Mind you at the moment , south (in my part of Europe : France) looks like any northern part of Europe. Not very warm, and quite wet , and even very windy at times!

Amicalement

Frankie:):cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
nobbynomad

nobbynomad

Free Member
May 19, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Chausson
Exp
Part time since 2007...
Well the plan is coming to fruition. The motorhome is in the process of it's PDI and service and have requested the dealer keeps hold of it until 1st. June so the MOT, tax and insurance all start at the same time. Work phoned, ''Can you do a trip to Le Mans 27th to 31st of May''... Yes, yes, yes...

OP
OP
nobbynomad

nobbynomad

Free Member
May 19, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Chausson
Exp
Part time since 2007...
Well the plan is coming to fruition. The motorhome is in the process of it's PDI and service and have requested the dealer keeps hold of it until 1st. June so the MOT, tax and insurance all start at the same time. Work phoned, ''Can you do a trip to Le Mans 27th to 31st of May''... Yes, yes, yes...

It's such a great little firm that they are letting me store the motorhome in their yard between adventures for a peppercorn rent of £30 pcm.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome :WelcomeFlag:it looks like with all your travelling you will be able to give lots of advice too!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
... and have requested the dealer keeps hold of it until 1st. June so the MOT, tax and insurance all start at the same time.
Welcome!

We bought ours in June and it was the wrong time in hindsight as June always finds us in Europe. :) No problem for tax and insurance as they can be renewed online, although if you wanted to change your MH insurer this might involve some expensive phone calls from your mobile. The MOT wasn't a problem for the first two years as it didn't need one but this year I had to arrange it's first in April as we were leaving early May. I can see it being done in February next year! :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, sounds as if you are in for a great retirement enjoy, to get the best out of the forum I would subscribe it's £15 a year and probably the best investment you will make to go with your motorhome , giving you access to as many posts information rally's discounts etc. :welcomesign:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF(y)
Brian & Jo

OP
OP
nobbynomad

nobbynomad

Free Member
May 19, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Chausson
Exp
Part time since 2007...
Hello and welcome :WelcomeFlag:it looks like with all your travelling you will be able to give lots of advice too!
During my rock and roll trucking years I covered almost all of Europe, east and west. Kosovo, Belarus and Kazakstan were never on my itinerary though. Would be glad to advise if anyone was thinking of heading further afield...:)o_O:eek::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back