Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
When i bought my RV in the states it had the clear see through showroom protector with a form of masking tape around the edges:Doh:

I left it thinking it was a good protection from my 2 Great Dane but BIG MISTAKE as where the masking tape has been has left glue and collects dirt :Doh:now I have been down on my hand and knees with the carpet cleaner trying to remove it and done a full clean today but still there.

Any suggestion on how to remove it?

See in the picture below

Link Removed

B

Baldrick

Deleted User
Hi,

WD40 removes glue from most surfaces, but I am not sure about carpet.

roadtraveller

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Kings Norton, Birmingham
Funster No
Exp
20 years plus
White Spirit

Hi Road Runner, Try white spirit on a unseen area to see if it comes off / or tar remover, use sparingly, and then shampoo as normal. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Rainbow

Deleted User
I think you can get some stuff called Sticky Stuff remover but never tried it. White spirit or polyclens may work but will smell quite strong and will need to be washed off as i thiink they are flammable. If you rub too much you will spoil the pile on the carpet.
Another way may be to sprinkle talc on it so that it sticks to the glue and prevents the dirt from sticking, as a slightly white mark may look better than dirt.
Whatever you do always try on a hidden place.

Jean

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wrinkley

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Funster No
Try wet wipes you will be amazed at what they will get off.

PS, sorry hellow every one.

BGD

Banned
Aug 20, 2007
Costa Blanca, Spain.
Funster No
I'll second the suggestion of WD40 - I've used it for exactly that purpose in the past and it was excellent.

Use plenty, so it gets the chance to disolve the glue without you having to rub too much.

Also using some sort of scrubbing brush (lightly) rather than a cloth seemed to help.

Bonus was that the carpet smelled of the stuff for a while afterwards (bizarrely, I love the smell of WD40).

Cheers,

Bruce.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Great thank you.

I have worked on the idea that if i mess up a new carpet is the next option but upset me as the interior of RV was like new:Doh:

wrinkley

Free Member
Sep 24, 2007
Funster No
I can’t believe I spelt “Hello” like that, I’ll put it down to old age and another senior moment (fast and furious now).

I should have said commercial wet wipes, they are obtainable in builders merchants and most plant hire centers, they will remove tar, grease, some paint marks, will clean sticky surfaces and many other things, I’ve always got a container of them in the van.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I can’t believe I spelt “Hello” like that, I’ll put it down to old age and another senior moment (fast and furious now).

I should have said commercial wet wipes, they are obtainable in builders merchants and most plant hire centers, they will remove tar, grease, some paint marks, will clean sticky surfaces and many other things, I’ve always got a container of them in the van.

Ta now have ordinary wet wipe:cry:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back