Firefox 3.5.3 crashing (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Firefox 3.5.3 ..
Mine has crashed three times tonight .. running Vista business with all updates .

Reports sent to Firefox, anyone else having problems?

jim

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
well Ive had nothing but problems since running the update. Crashes galore and even had to do partial restore. Sorted until it reinstalled update. :cry:

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
goto firefox web page and reload it should solve prob,when theres an update its slow to appear,so i just reinstal it :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
well Ive had nothing but problems since running the update. Crashes galore and even had to do partial restore. Sorted until it reinstalled update. :cry:

Hi Paul

also been reported on Firefox support ..

Link Removed

for crash logs .

Type about:crashes in the URL bar and hit Enter.
Click the hyperlinks to bring up the Crash Report pages and copy'n'paste the URL of each of those reports into the message box here.
We'll see if we can figure out what is causing those crashes to happen.

thanks for the suggestions..

I've disabled AVG safe search and security tool bar.. will see if it happens again

jim

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Hi,

IE8, Firefox 3.5, running on XP Pro with AVG, and no problems at all. Most stable browser I've ever used. I hope you get it sorted soon.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi Jim
Must admit mines been playing up as well, it has crashed a few times and when I click on some stuff a blank window comes up and in the tab title box it says, index.php (GIF Image, 1x1 pixels) :cry:

So its acting a bit strange, might try reloading it.

Tim

smiff

Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Reading, Berks
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
None yet
Not had any issues with it on either Windows 7, XP or Ubuntu. Agree with previous commenter that it's usually an extension that causes these things, so worth disabling them all and seeing if it still happens.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Not had any issues with it on either Windows 7, XP or Ubuntu. Agree with previous commenter that it's usually an extension that causes these things, so worth disabling them all and seeing if it still happens.

Hi

I only have a couple of ad ons and had no trouble before the latest update but I've disabled to prove one way or the other..

If you type in the url about:crashes this gives you the crash log and also the history of known bugs and issues ..

for example. if you look at Top Crashes by URL .. you find Facebook is in the top three places.. having had almost 17,000 reported crashes.. so it's not just me . :roflmto:

smiff

Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Reading, Berks
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
None yet
Ah yeah, facebook and the myriad of other poorly written Javascript "web 2.0" sites out there.

andycotterell

Free Member
Apr 13, 2009
Europe-wide
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
You're right - it's not stable

I've actually gone back to Firefox v3 (now on 3.0.14) because v3.5 seemed too unstable. I gave it a couple of weeks but the gains weren't worth it.
I'll try it again when it's more in sync with everything else, like add-ons, java etc..

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Firefox bites the dust

Well, I finally had enough of Firefox, 3.5.3 :Angry:

After many years using it, I thought it was best browser for Windoze, it is now the pits .. crashing and freezing, it only got worse.

So last night I downloaded Safari, not a new browser to me as I use it on the Mac. I am truly impressed , fast and very smooth with some great features, if you are tired of Firefox 3.5.3 ... give it a whirl.. you won't be disappointed.

jim

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Lol...I was going to recommend Safari....

Been using and testing it on my lappy running Vista, Winxp pro and windows 7 all at the same time.

Hasn't let me down yet.:thumb:

Love the look.

Enjoy hassle-free browsing.But then you're used to that with the Mac.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My version runs as sweet as a nut. And the addons are superb. Easily the best browser by Miles. Not tried 3.5 yet, I'm too busy to Beta test anything:Smile:

Good tip for Windows users; Only ever have auto update switched on for your virus library. for everything else have manual upgrades and then only upgrade when you know that all is well. Once upgraded rolling back can be difficult.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back