Apr 4, 2016
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi folks,

I've been reading this forum for a while and it's now time to join the community. I'm Portuguese, living in Leeds and in my late 20's and looking to buy my 1st motorhome. Initially, and because I work full time from home as a software developer (contractor) , my idea was to keep working while touring in Europe. All i need is a laptop and internet connection and this seemed like a good idea to make the most of my flexible work commitments, but I've now discarded this idea as I don't think I would be able to enjoy as much as I can with all the stress related. Maybe in the future, with more experience I'll come back to this idea.

So at the moment I'm searching for my "perfect" motorhome, with a budget of around £15k and this is where all the questions come.
It will be me and my girlfriend travelling southern europe for about 3/4 months (staying 1/2 weeks at a friends house in spain & 2/3 weeks at my parents in Portugal). We love cycling and will carry 2/3 bikes with us, which seems to cause a lot of constraints in terms of layout and maybe you can give me some tips.

I've seen a lunar champ 520e, which it would be great for us but there's no space for the bikes inside. As these are quite expensive bikes, I wouldn't be confortable leaving them alone and visible in the bike rack. Then I could possibly get something with bunk beds and storage at the rear, which would be perfect to store the bikes but it's a longer MH with all that implies (fuel, parking, etc...) for only a couple travelling and a lot of unused berths just seems like a big waste.

Is there any other alternative layouts or options to store the bikes that i'm not aware? Any recommendations would be highly appreciated. :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello and welcome:WelcomeFlag:I hope you find your ideal van. Ours has a garage under an end bed so we store my electric bike in that... You can get covers and alarms for bike racks if you are wary of leaving on the back. Good luck with your search!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
fpinela

fpinela

Free Member
Apr 4, 2016
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for your greetings.
Hello and welcome:WelcomeFlag:I hope you find your ideal van. Ours has a garage under an end bed so we store my electric bike in that... You can get covers and alarms for bike racks if you are wary of leaving on the back. Good luck with your search!

I think that would be our ideal layout as well, although we will have unnecessary beds, storing our bikes inside would be really good. Unfortunately it does limit our choice considerably.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome. How lovely to have more YOUNG members to take over from us oldies who will certainly never see fifty again... Looking forward to the Spring you will put into the forum. :)

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
:hiya2: and a big :welcome4:hope it doesn't take too long to find your perfect van,good hunting Mew and Mick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
(or should that be Olá?) and a warm welcome from us. We must compliment you on your English - as a Portuguese you write better English than some English people!

OP
OP
fpinela

fpinela

Free Member
Apr 4, 2016
Leeds
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks guys. :)
Sharing the good news, we've found "the one" and already went to Yorkshire Dales to enjoy the long weekend.

2004 Fiat Ducato 2.3 Chausson Welcome 8

Attachments

• IMG_2694.JPG
    IMG_2694.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 5

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread