Motorhome storage for 3-4 months near Nantes, France? (1 Viewer)

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Thought I'd put this out there on the off chance...
I'm just coming up through Italy after a a few months in Sicily and will be starting a long-distance bicycle trip from St Nazaire soon. I need safe, secure storage for my PVC while I pedal from about the beginning of May to early August. Anyone have any recommendations? Could be anywhere within a 100km or so of that area.
Thanks in advance!
Jac

Deleted User
We have a static caravan near La Baule and have used a covered storage facility nearby, I will dig out the details later.

Deleted User
Unfortunately not got full details with me but I have their email which is clauderobert44@orange.fr

The lady is called Beatrice and speaks reasonable English.

The storage is in a rural area in old chicken broiler sheds, we stored our caravan there from May to July for three years and is used by French caravans and motorhomes.

The location is off the D247 at Lessac, signed on the road, which is the road from St Andre des Eaux to Guerande Co ords are

N 47 19 51 86

W 02 22 15 49

Co ords are from Google Earth and the farm and sheds are clearly visible.

There should be no problem with space at that time of year as that is when the French retrieve there caravans en mass from 'Hivernage' to locate on sites. Prices are very reasonable and based on length, our 7m+ caravan was around 40 euros a month.

We won't be using the storage this year as we have sold our caravan and now have a PVC.

We will be at our static near St Andre des Eaux from around 11/12th May if you need any assistance or feel like a drink/chat just PM me

Alec

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just check on your motorhome insurance policy first about leaving it away from home (ie Sicily) without you being with it - many UK policies don't cover vehicles left like this so best to make sure your's does.

OP
OP
YukonJac

YukonJac

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Normandy, France
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
30yrs +
Unfortunately not got full details with me but I have their email which is clauderobert44@orange.fr

The lady is called Beatrice and speaks reasonable English.

The storage is in a rural area in old chicken broiler sheds, we stored our caravan there from May to July for three years and is used by French caravans and motorhomes.

The location is off the D247 at Lessac, signed on the road, which is the road from St Andre des Eaux to Guerande Co ords are

N 47 19 51 86

W 02 22 15 49

Co ords are from Google Earth and the farm and sheds are clearly visible.

There should be no problem with space at that time of year as that is when the French retrieve there caravans en mass from 'Hivernage' to locate on sites. Prices are very reasonable and based on length, our 7m+ caravan was around 40 euros a month.

We won't be using the storage this year as we have sold our caravan and now have a PVC.

We will be at our static near St Andre des Eaux from around 11/12th May if you need any assistance or feel like a drink/chat just PM me

Alec

Oh Alec - thanks very much for that. Might just be perfect! I will drop them an email tomorrow. And thanks for the invite - I may just have missed you if the weather will start cooperating by the 1st of May (thought May Day would be a good date to start a major slog!). Looks pretty soggy anywhere north of the Loire though. Maybe you'll be there on my return? I'll drop you a PM when I get back if that's the case.
Again, thank you very much for all the comprehensive info - so helpful!
All the best!
Jacquie

paulo

Free Member
May 17, 2016
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hi I have a question for Matamoros. How do your insurance company feel about you storing abroad? We stored our motorhome in Portugal for three months. After numerous phone calls and emails the insurance company finally agreed to it.(for an additional £140 !!, including an admin fee of £20 ? )
All the best
Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Hi I have a question for Matamoros. How do your insurance company feel about you storing abroad? We stored our motorhome in Portugal for three months. After numerous phone calls and emails the insurance company finally agreed to it.(for an additional £140 !!, including an admin fee of £20 ? )
All the best
Paul

We only ever stored a caravan abroad and that wasn't insured so can't really help you with that one.

Incidentally if you want to ensure that a member sees one of your posts if you put @ in front of the members name it flags up when they log on, ie @paulo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back