I have only just found out how to save a screen image (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Having tried and failed many times with this, despite tutorials from some on here last year suddenly had a break through this week

I have previously tried to show google map routes on the forum, this being a good example of what I had failed

So I had the map on screen, pressed 'prt sc' nothing happens, press again still nothing, press harder nothing, press it rapidly softly, repeat much harder, give in (again)

Youngest daughter happens round to see me, notices my angry face and poorly fingers, offers to help

I explain, she says 'open it in paint' well she might as well have been talking Dutch, which my frowns possibly gave away

Give me your laptop and watch, I did and did

Having pressed the prt sc button I now know it put the image on my clip board, well it could have told me it had, in fact it could have done with telling me I now had over 50 copies of the same thing o_O

Didn't even know I had paint, opened via the start icon (top left on mine anyway) then click paste another icon on paint options, bingo there is the map

Then save it by clicking on file, save as, now my daughter is now creased up because I am clicking on file on the image, seemed obvious to me, they are identical, but saved and here it is (y)

map to Falkirk.png

I am sure there are better ways to do it, but this will do for me for the next few years (y):)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
That's one thing I like with my android phone...screen shots.

Double tap the screen with a knuckle and it saves to 'file'. (How it knows a knuckle from a finger beats me though but finger taps don't work)
'Upload a file' on the screen you want, select the file folder, select the screenshot wanted and its done.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
A shortcut method of doing it is to press the "Windows" key and PRTSCR together. This will automatically save it into a Screenshots folder in your Pictures folder.

For Mac users it's cmd-shift-3 which will save it to the desktop. Alternatively cmd-shift-4 brings up a cursor and lets you select the area to be grabbed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
:Grin:Oh absolute joy!:Grin: I've been wanting to do this for several years so I can put an Autoroute map into my blog.

:thanks3::thanks3::thanks3::thanks3::thanks3::thanks3::thanks3::thanks3::thanks3::thanks3::thanks3:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
How about on a tablet (Hudl). Volume button and on/off switch together. After ........ numerous ......... tries it works. Any better way?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
How about on a tablet (Hudl). Volume button and on/off switch together. After ........ numerous ......... tries it works. Any better way?

Same as the Samsung galaxy tab 3...and probably the other Samsung tabs as well.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
(n) I don't understand any of those answers other than I may need a knuckle duster. Will one of you show me next time we meet up please.:blush:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
You could press print screen and then right click paste

upload_2016-5-18_13-32-40.png

Al1

Free Member
Jul 20, 2008
Funster No
In windows 7 there is a program called Snip or Snipe -under Accessories that lets you grab a part of the screen and you can save it or copy it to a document.
Al

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
upload_2016-5-18_14-21-56.png

well that really was easy (y)

@movan see @big map post above, that might help

edit big map I also see you must have been looking at embroidered garments, my wife has her own business doing that if you are interested :)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
(n) I don't understand any of those answers other than I may need a knuckle duster. Will one of you show me next time we meet up please.:blush:

You press either one of the buttons with the windows symbol on it at the same time as the one with Print Screen or PRTSCR or something similar on it. The Print Screen one isn't always in the same place as it is in this picture.

keyboard-r1-6 copy.jpg

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
You press either one of the buttons with the windows symbol on it at the same time as the one with Print Screen or PRTSCR or something similar on it. The Print Screen one isn't always in the same place as it is in this picture.

View attachment 106545
I didn't know that, thank you Nick. I think we all develop our own little short cuts.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 14.58.23.pngThe trick once you have your screen dump is to open another copy of Paint then copy the parts you want then paste into the new copy of Paint and add any comments you want
Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 14.58.23.png

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
That's one thing I like with my android phone...screen shots.

Double tap the screen with a knuckle and it saves to 'file'. (How it knows a knuckle from a finger beats me though but finger taps don't work)
'Upload a file' on the screen you want, select the file folder, select the screenshot wanted and its done.
........... or 'wipe' the screen downwards with your finger or side of hand (as though you were wiping dust off it - which is when I normally take an accidental screenshot). Your knuckle tap is possibly doing the same thing.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
A quick tip for you @DavidG58 before you depart.
Get your youngest daughter to show you how to rotate the picture through 180 degrees and you'll be able to get home again!:whistle:
There again, maybe she wouldn't want that!:p:giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back