European breakdown cover 15 yr old Van (1 Viewer)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
We've just been refused cover with our existing provider ( 2gether ) and are looking for a standalone policy ie: not linked to an insurance policy because that doesn't need renewing until November. It would be for a month in September for France as well as UK cover for the next 12 months.
The Van is a self build but wouldn't have thought that would matter as the base vehicle ( 2.8 LWB Ducato ) hasn't been altered or adapted in any way.
Has anyone any suggestions? Reading previous threads Comfort sounds promising!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
ADAC 0049221472747 ask for an english speaker
Haben Sie ein englischer Sprecher bitte?

Partner + covers a couple for 109€/year. It covers the actual person regardless of what vehicle they are in.

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User

Partner + covers a couple for 109€/year. It covers the actual person regardless of what vehicle they are in.
Contacted ADAC and whilst very good over the phone I was a little unsure of what I was buying because all the info was in German so decided against it.
I have bought cover with Driver Guardian Broken Link Removed
which will insure a vehicle up to 16 years old with less than 150K miles. It cost £85 which includes a £6 supplement as a motorhome. Worth considering but look at the size and weight exclusions too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

?

Deleted User
This boils my p*** so it does. Had the same problem with my 30 year old motorbike. Its like they are happy to take your money but not want to do the job if something happens so only cover newer motors. Had my 30 year old bike for almost four years and it never broke down once. I ended up going to Germany and Holland with no cover.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
I`ve had this discussion with a few insurance companies, sorry but your vehicle is 15 years old, yes it`s a low mileage taken to shows and looked after with tender loving care, never broken down, is meticulously maintained, it`s cleaner under the bonnet than most cars in the seating area.
You won`t cover mine but you will offer cover to someone with a 3 yr old Mondeo that`s never been serviced and looks like a rubbish dump.

This generalistic tick box form filling is just ridiculous.:doh:

Highwayman1

Free Member
May 9, 2013
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autohomes
Exp
Since 1980 on & off
Don`t have a standalone policy but Safeguard cover up to 20 years old vehicle on insurance policy if you take their cover. A guy ( customer service agent ? ), I spoke to when booking the Tunnel suggested looking at `classic vehicle ` recovery once over 20yo. Not there yet (vehicle wise) but may look around at that if/when needed. Got to agree with robnchris about taking care of our vehicles, I just want recovery if needed, and not a `Pimp my moho ` makeover. :)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I am with Adrian flux £298 with recovery bit expensive but the only company I know that will cover a 30 year old van
Bill

Deleted User
Contacted ADAC and whilst very good over the phone I was a little unsure of what I was buying because all the info was in German so decided against it.
I have bought cover with Driver Guardian Broken Link Removed
which will insure a vehicle up to 16 years old with less than 150K miles. It cost £85 which includes a £6 supplement as a motorhome. Worth considering but look at the size and weight exclusions too.
Hi,

How did you get on with this insurance? I'm looking for European breakdown cover today, this looks like good option. Did you use them again this year?

Thank you

Lin

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Hi,

How did you get on with this insurance? I'm looking for European breakdown cover today, this looks like good option. Did you use them again this year?

Thank you

Lin
Last week I tried on the phone and was directed to the online application form which won't accept uk postcodes. Rang back and got through to a different person that spoke perfect English and was covered in minutes @113€ an email was sent while I was on the phone and was asked to check it arrived, this was a copy of the cover and could be printed out for immediate use and the card and bumf arrived three days later. (y)

Deleted User
Last week I tried on the phone and was directed to the online application form which won't accept uk postcodes. Rang back and got through to a different person that spoke perfect English and was covered in minutes @113€ an email was sent while I was on the phone and was asked to check it arrived, this was a copy of the cover and could be printed out for immediate use and the card and bumf arrived three days later. (y)

It was the UK one I was looking at, drive guardian, sorry bit confusing. Though ADAC is an option, undecided yet. We had ADAC when living in Germany, knew plenty of German speakers so language wasn't a problem then. Were you able to translate/understand the documents sent out?

Thank you

Lin

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Hi,

Thank you

Lin
Hi Lin, excellent, had a breakdown in France last year and couldn't fault them. We've just renewed on a newer van and it cost less at £76.
We changed vans midcover and they didn't charge for the admin, a refreshing change!

Deleted User
Hi Lin, excellent, had a breakdown in France last year and couldn't fault them. We've just renewed on a newer van and it cost less at £76.
We changed vans midcover and they didn't charge for the admin, a refreshing change!
Thanks for that sounds promising.

Lin:)

Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
From another thread I found this guys email ..

Manfred.Weiss@nrh.adac.de

they need your full name(s) , address , DOB and credit card details with security number..

I emailed Sunday night and today I am a member..

I can speak some German but you would be unlucky in a breakdown scenario if no English speaker was available.

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010

Does anyone have an English translation of the ADAC terms and conditions?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back