helpstekaflex experts out thare (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I havent used it much but the times i have it kan meke a deviles own mess if you get it on your hands and tuch anything with it stiks like shite to a blanket.
It's one of those thing's you ether love it or dispise it can it be desolved while still wet with whit spirit or turps.
I havent had much luck with ether i want to use it in our wett room but reluctent to in case i can get the bloody stuff off if i :swear2: it up
and what colors dose it come in i nead it in bage or magnolia is ther a color range.
bill

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Masking tape & paper might help
As for colours, they do them but find someone with them in stock might be harder

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I've used this stuff for a variety of jobs http://www.ct1ltd.com/en/ct1.html . There is also a solvent available that makes cleaning up easy, and it comes in different colours but can be painted. It's not cheap, but it is effective and I'd probably look to use it rather than Sikaflex for bathroom work. The solvent is great for all sorts of things.

(PS, I hadn't seen the video on this page until I wrote this post - wish I'd seen it earlier, it's quite informative!)

PPS Edit: I have no interest in or connection with the company.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter A Forbes

Free Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rushden, Northants, UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes 614D
Exp
10+
Sikaflex is fine when uncured, petrol, thinners, white spirit will all bring it off, but watch out for solvents on plastics.

I'm just putting new windows into our Mercedes and have used Sikaflex for the body repair sheets and the windows.

The repair panels are bolted on with flush M4 studs. You can see the body rust where the old window bonding failed and let water into the joint.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back