Wehlen and Berkastel PICTURES (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
https://techno.smugmug.com/Travel/Germany/Bernkastel-Kues/

image-L.jpg

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We were in the campsite next door on a Crossings motorhome tour, the campsite was a dump and Nick and I both thought the Aire looked much better! Not impressed with Crossings either, but that's a whole other story.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We were in the campsite next door on a Crossings motorhome tour, the campsite was a dump and Nick and I both thought the Aire looked much better! Not impressed with Crossings either, but that's a whole other story.

We used the campsite last year, they parked us away from all the "permanent" vans, we were next to a field with deer in at the opposite side of the site from the aire, beside a couple of pods. The site had lots of fruit trees and the cherries were spot on, bit too early for the peaches though. Toilets and showers were fine and the couple who ran the place were very friendly. The German on the next pitch had come back from Scotland and was keen to share his collection of malt whiskies with us and a young Dutch couple were interested in the story of Val's grandfather who emigrated from Holland under a bit of a cloud ! So on the whole, a good experience for us.
Edit, just checked the Captain's Log and the site was called Camping Schenk.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I can picture where you mean, unfortunately we were with the semi derelict permanent ones! We had just come from Rudesheim which was beautiful so I think that spoilt us. There was also a yucky chap who combined dish washing with emptying his cassette plus showering so if you timed your washing up wrong, he'd be in shower and would leave his toilet cassette by the washing up sinks with his crockery on top.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back