Aire somewhere near Toulouse (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29692
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Just starting to put a rough plan together for our summer trip.

I think we might to need a stop for a night somewhere just North of Toulouse.

Any recommendations?

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We stopped at St Antoine. ( midi Pyrenees 189 in the new two part All the Aires book)
First up, it's free and the water is free. It's a pretty level gravel car park behind the village. The village itself is well worth a visit. It's only small but very pretty. Apparently, it's been a stop off point for pilgrims for quite a while. I think some still pass through because there is a masseuse in the village next to a very nice restaurant.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We stopped at St Antoine. ( midi Pyrenees 189 in the new two part All the Aires book)
First up, it's free and the water is free. It's a pretty level gravel car park behind the village. The village itself is well worth a visit. It's only small but very pretty. Apparently, it's been a stop off point for pilgrims for quite a while. I think some still pass through because there is a masseuse in the village next to a very nice restaurant.
Thanks for that recommendation, I've just noted it down in my little book as we will be in that area in a few weeks. It's CamperContact #18338

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
We usually come down the Dijon/Lyon side to go south. If it's just a few hours kip you need, we've never found a problem with motorway aires. Just make sure it's a biggish one, 24 hr and park up just fore it gets light, (usually bout 5 ish when we go.). We usually have about 3 hours and get back on the road by 8.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just starting to put a rough plan together for our summer trip.

I think we might to need a stop for a night somewhere just North of Toulouse.

Any recommendations?
Have you tried @yodeli , member on here, has large garden and always welcomes funsters.(y):)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
@chaser and @NickNic

When will your summer trip be? July or August?
If it had been now, unfortunately I would have said no. I had to PM DBK who was meant to come and visit because my Dad had a bad fall last Thursday early morning, and broke 3 ribs. Emergencies for 2 days as he was found with a pneumothorax (French word). Since then, our lives had to adapt. No way for mum to carry him on her own, or give him the every day care. I have to help. But hopefully in July JJ will be in the garden too, and I'm sure he'll be delighted to have someone to play with :p . Let me know and I'll be able to give you a proper answer! We're off in August for a little French tour. No Portugal for me, as long as my parents need me. I must be at a reasonable distance to be quickly back home if any emergency

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Sorry to hear about your dad Frankie. Hope he recovers soon -
lots of love
Catherine

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@yodeli Sorry to hear about your dad Frankie.

We're not sure exactly yet but it will be at the very end of July or the start of August. We have about a week to get from Lake Iseo to Parc Verger so will wander along the coast for a few days and take it from there.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
But hopefully in July JJ will be in the garden too, and I'm sure he'll be delighted to have someone to play with :p

Hmmm...

Before I let people play they have to...

1. Bring gifts.
2. Not park too close.
3. Make no noise early (pre 11am)
4. Only play Country and Western music through headphones.
5. Never, ever, ever, ever mention Man U*d.
6. Never keep me up in the evenings by forcing me to drink beer and have fun.
8. Have lots and lots and lots of gossip about other Funsters.
9. Never ever talk to me how many amps their solar panels put out.
10. Never interrupt my strict, daily, keep fit exercises featuring slow cycle rides to the nearby supermarket to buy cakes and biscuits and croissants.

JJ :cool:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
@NickNic Ok so we are meant to start our summer holidays around the 4th of august (and I should be off all day on the 2sd), if nothing comes in the way in the mean time.
We'll be both there end of July . I'm afraid the "we" bit might imply some gift :LOL:(beef and onion fray bentos pie should do, no chicken or kidney.... I know I know ...some people indeed...:rolleyes:.....) but I'm sure you love my lovely pink champagne as a reward!;);)

Anyway, it's up to you! Just let me know when nearer the time, and if you want to call in then of course I will PM you my details!

EDIT : If for any reason you had to stop to another place, don't chose the campsite Pont de Rupé.... you might never get out of it alive!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
@chaser and @NickNic

When will your summer trip be? July or August?
If it had been now, unfortunately I would have said no. I had to PM DBK who was meant to come and visit because my Dad had a bad fall last Thursday early morning, and broke 3 ribs. Emergencies for 2 days as he was found with a pneumothorax (French word). Since then, our lives had to adapt. No way for mum to carry him on her own, or give him the every day care. I have to help. But hopefully in July JJ will be in the garden too, and I'm sure he'll be delighted to have someone to play with :p . Let me know and I'll be able to give you a proper answer! We're off in August for a little French tour. No Portugal for me, as long as my parents need me. I must be at a reasonable distance to be quickly back home if any emergency
Sorry to hear that frankie , hope it all works out OK for you

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@yodeli Thanks Frankie. I'll message you when we sort our route out.

Are the horrible pies allowed to be imported into France? :eek:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
@NickNic We used site code 1899 the municipal aire at Venerque .. nice free aire in a lovely location by the river. Pretty little town with an unusual church.
20160321_090551.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back