Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Anyone any plans for Christmas?

We've just returned from our first M/H trip to Europe and already planning our return.

Thought about going back over for Christmas but it would be nice to meet up with other like-minded travellers.

Anyone up for a Christmas get-together.

June

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Sailing on the 31st Oct,, few weeks bimbling around France..

Then booked into "Camping Marjal" mid November for a couple of months or so,, not the cheapest site, but every thing on site is included Elec/Sat-TV/Hyda pool/Gym etc..

When we were there beginning of the year shown photo`s of the Xmas party`s and it looked great, so thought we would have some of that.. a lot of the people we met are going back this year..

Then a few weeks,, who knows where.. :thumb:

You are more than welcome to come and buy me a glass or six of wine.. :winky:

Link Removed

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Camping Marjal Christmas

Then booked into "Camping Marjal" mid November for a couple of months or so,, not the cheapest site, but every thing on site is included Elec/Sat-TV/Hyda pool/Gym etc..

When we were there beginning of the year shown photo`s of the Xmas party`s and it looked great, so thought we would have some of that.. a lot of the people we met are going back this year..

Then a few weeks,, who knows where.. :thumb:

You are more than welcome to come and buy me a glass or six of wine.. :winky:

Link Removed

Hi Old Mo

Our 5ver arrives mid Oct and we are thinking of Spain around same time as you and have also been looking at Camping Marjal for our first trip and the start of our adventures on the road. I see that they have rates for retired so am just hoping that they do the same rates for early retired!! White or Red?:ROFLMAO:
Regards
Ant & Debs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi Old Mo

Our 5ver arrives mid Oct and we are thinking of Spain around same time as you and have also been looking at Camping Marjal for our first trip and the start of our adventures on the road. I see that they have rates for retired so am just hoping that they do the same rates for early retired!! White or Red?:ROFLMAO:
Regards
Ant & Debs

Hi,, Glad your 5er is on it`s way,, they are superb unit`s..

If you are in a position to book quite a few weeks they do a reasonable deal, cannot emphasize enough how good a site it is,, only thing is it`s mostly filled up with Britt`s (Sit`s back waiting for flack) :winky:

Xmas by all accounts is fantastic,, (On Site) we are staying at Bob & Di`s (Parc Verger) for a few nights on the way down to near (Andora) then on down to Marjal for 2-3 months of R & R.. :thumb:

Be great if you can make it,, Dont spend to much on my Xmas pressie,, couple of new sun loungers wont go amiss, thanks.

Oh, by the way I usually cannot drink more than 3-4 bottles of white wine a day when it`s sunny and hot ,, so you got off lightly there.. :winky:

We are leaving on the over night ferry from Portsmouth so if you find you can,, why not join us.. Whatever have a nice trip down and take it easy.. hope to see you there.. ::bigsmile:

Sorry to high jack your thread "Gypsylady" why dont you come to,, I am sure "Ant&debs will buy you a few drinks as well.. :winky::ROFLMAO:

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
christmas

Hi,, Glad your 5er is on it`s way,, they are superb unit`s..

If you are in a position to book quite a few weeks they do a reasonable deal, cannot emphasize enough how good a site it is,, only thing is it`s mostly filled up with Britt`s (Sit`s back waiting for flack) :winky:

Xmas by all accounts is fantastic,, (On Site) we are staying at Bob & Di`s (Parc Verger) for a few nights on the way down to near (Andora) then on down to Marjal for 2-3 months of R & R.. :thumb:

Be great if you can make it,, Dont spend to much on my Xmas pressie,, couple of new sun loungers wont go amiss, thanks.

Oh, by the way I usually cannot drink more than 3-4 bottles of white wine a day when it`s sunny and hot ,, so you got off lightly there.. :winky:

We are leaving on the over night ferry from Portsmouth so if you find you can,, why not join us.. Whatever have a nice trip down and take it easy.. hope to see you there.. ::bigsmile:

Sorry to high jack your thread "Gypsylady" why dont you come to,, I am sure "Ant&debs will buy you a few drinks as well.. :winky::ROFLMAO:

Ditto! "Gypsylady" Old Mo, Debs said is could run to a secondhand deckchair and bottle of vimto!:ROFLMAO:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Just poking my head above the parapet to say don't forget that if any Funsters are using Brittany Ferries we are happy to give you a code that will get you a discount of around 10%.
This is NOT conditional on a visit to Parc Verger - as we have said before, we just want to help Fnsters to get the best deals.

Just pm and we'll let you have the code.:winky::winky:

Cheers

Bob and Di

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
not this year

promised little fella disney for this new year but after reading this post :thumb:am already looking at Camping Marjal for next xmas/new year as looks superb

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Speaking of Xmas we got back from a 7 week jolly round France last Tuesday and called in at Tesco's in Dover...SHOCK HORROR they've got selection boxes and Xmas puds on sale..........NO Tesco's NO it's only flaming September for Gods sake!!
Wait til November at least!!!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Speaking of Xmas we got back from a 7 week jolly round France last Tuesday and called in at Tesco's in Dover...SHOCK HORROR they've got selection boxes and Xmas puds on sale..........NO Tesco's NO it's only flaming September for Gods sake!!
Wait til November at least!!!

Xmas`s go past to fast for my likeing,, :winky:

Do you want some cheap "Easter Eggs"... ? ::bigsmile:

Chocolate has gone a bit white,, but should be ok.. :winky:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Hey Mo here's a true story..when I was a truck driver for Eddie Stobart, one time the week after Xmas I was speaking to one of the Nestle drivers and I casually remarked they would be delivering Easter eggs soon ...he just replied "They're all delivered mate":Eeek: ..this was like the 29th December.......makes you wonder dunnit!!:Cool:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hey Mo here's a true story..when I was a truck driver for Eddie Stobart, one time the week after Xmas I was speaking to one of the Nestle drivers and I casually remarked they would be delivering Easter eggs soon ...he just replied "They're all delivered mate":Eeek: ..this was like the 29th December.......makes you wonder dunnit!!:Cool:

Where`s your Xmas spirit,, mines in a few dozen bottles waiting for me in Spain.. :wine:

Afraid even the grand kids cannot keep me here for another Xmas,, :cry:

Couple of quid in with there xmas cards will have to do this year..:Eeek:

After all I am an OAP.. :winky:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope

Link Removed

Any idea what the rent would be if staying for a couple of months or so ? ( hijacking your thread..... sorry but revenge is sweet :ROFLMAO: )

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I will be travelling south about mid December with no fixed plans, apart from ending up in Sagres Portugal on the Orbitur camp site ! So any suggestions will be most welcome ...:help::thanks::beer:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Any idea what the rent would be if staying for a couple of months or so ? ( hijacking your thread..... sorry but revenge is sweet :ROFLMAO: )

"Got your own back" I forgive you. :winky:

If I remember rightly,, we are paying for for 4-5 months long term OAP rates,, works out 10 or 12 euros a night + electric..

If I can lay my hands on our advise note/invoice I will let you know..

If you book in for a few weeks electric is included but the camping rates go up "HORRENDOUSLY" :Eeek:

I am pretty sure if you go on their site and look for tarrifs it says the long term OAP rates assuming you are an OAP,, not sure if not. :thumb:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
"Got your own back" I forgive you. :winky:

Thank you :Smile:

I am pretty sure if you go on their site and look for tarrifs it says the long term OAP rates assuming you are an OAP,, not sure if not. :thumb:

I am ( or will be ) an OAP, plus maybe they have a disabled (blind) rate ? I went on the site but cannot read spanish:Blush:

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
Thanks for that, didn't notice they were little flags.
So..... 4 months would equal 300 euro a month or 455 a month on medium tariff..... not sure what the medium tariff would mean.

OP
OP
gypsylady

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Christmas in the Sun

Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately the schools only let us have 2 weeks off for Christmas or I'd be over there already.

Hope to meet up with some of you over the festivities.

Any more suggestions, please carry on. :thumb::thumb:

June

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
I will be travelling south about mid December with no fixed plans, apart from ending up in Sagres Portugal on the Orbitur camp site ! So any suggestions will be most welcome ...:help::thanks::beer:

We going to be in Pinar San Jose in Zahora, Steve - on the Costa de la Luz - about 10kms east of Conil de la Frontera - a couple of hours drive west of Gibraltar.
Quiet site in a pine forest -20mins walk to beach then you can walk along the beach for DAYS!

pm me for more info!

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
We going to be in Pinar San Jose in Zahora, Steve - on the Costa de la Luz - about 10kms east of Conil de la Frontera - a couple of hours drive west of Gibraltar.
Quiet site in a pine forest -20mins walk to beach then you can walk along the beach for DAYS!

pm me for more info!

Hello Marie !!! Just sent you a PM but then thought try Mr. Google, Result !!! It looks great but are they open all year round ? I have sent them an E-Mail asking..Watch this space :thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Wait and see !!!

Thanks for that Marie, I got a prompt reply from the site and the quote was the same as yours !! I do not like to commit myself until I have seen the site and the locality, so with that in mind I will see you there for a recce and if all is well then see what happens !!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I'll be spending Christmas in Cabanas near Tavira in the Eastern Algarve. I park practically on the beach but very near by there is a large, new campsite for those who prefer not to wild camp.

JJ

Last edited:
OP
OP
gypsylady

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
I'll be spending Christmas in Cabanas near Tavira in the Eastern Algarve. I park practically on the beach but very near by there is a large, new campsite for those who prefer not to wild camp.

JJ

I like the idea of this one.

I like to wildcamp but it is reassuring to have a nearby campsite to top up water etc.

June

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
we will be at bonterra park in spain for xmas. walk on the beach on christmas day lovely . :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back